Latest post Mon, Feb 2 2015 7:39 PM by asafRL. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 1 2015 3:26 PM

cannot launch amc 8.3 due to an error message invalid file name

please give me your advicesss.

thanks

• Sun, Feb 1 2015 7:03 PM In reply to

Re: cannot launch amc 8.3 due to an error message invalid file name

Hi,

It would help to know more about the system you're working on.  Mac or PC? What processor? What video card? How much RAM? Where is your media stored? What format/frame rate is your project, and what format/frame rate is your footage?

If you edit your user profile, you can add this information so you don't have to type it all the time.  (Look at the bottom of this post for an example.)

regards,

Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Feb 1 2015 9:14 PM In reply to

If on a PC you need to place the MC 8.3 download Zip file on your C drive at the root level

C:\Media_Composer_8.3.0_Win.zip

Then Extract All from the zip file to C:\  
    and you will get C:\Media_Composer_8.3.0_Win
    Inside that folder is this file Install Media Composer.xxx  where xxx =exe Use this to install the program

• Mon, Feb 2 2015 7:39 PM In reply to

• asafRL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 25 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 150

My bet is it is what Andrew suggested!

Marianna

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller