Latest post Wed, Oct 22 2014 5:43 PM by Shane Ross. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 21 2014 7:53 PM

CANCEL is default when adding transition

Avid Media Composer 8.1...with Symphony option.

When I go to add a transition...habit has me type in the duration and press return, because if EVERY SINGLE VERSION before this, ADD was the default.  If you wanted to ADD AND RENDER, you had to click it. Same with CANCEL.  But lately I've been trying to add a transition, doing everything the same way, but then no transition is added. Because CANCEL is now the default.

WHY!?!?!

Is this a bug? Is this a feature? Why CANCEL as the default? I want the transition...that's why I pressed the "/" key.  Now I have to click it...or press tab and click it? SERIOUSLY messing with my muscle memory.

Anyone else having this issue? Or is this an odd bug?

https://twitter.com/comebackshane/status/524646877740802048/photo/1

• Tue, Oct 21 2014 8:29 PM In reply to

Re: CANCEL is default when adding transition

I just upgraded to 8.2, and ADD is the default.  I don't remember it being a problem on 8.1, but I can't say that with 100% certainty.  My first guess would be a new user and a new project and see if the problem persists.

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, Oct 21 2014 8:34 PM In reply to

New user has the same issue. CANCEL is the default. Guessing this isn't a bug, and some ill conceived feature...

• Wed, Oct 22 2014 5:43 PM In reply to

SOLVED!!  Tony from Facebook asked if drive filtering was the issue...and it was.

My Avid said that no hard drives on the system were usable as render drives...my system drive, that did contain my media for this small job, wasn't able to be selected, even though I had drive filtering turned off. So once I added a viable hard drive, BAM! ADD is the default. Even though I'm not rendering that dissolve, it defaults to CANCEL if no viable render drive is attached.

Now if I can only select my system drive as a viable render drive. It's a 1TB SSD, and has plenty of room for small projects.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller