Latest post Tue, Jul 1 2014 3:16 PM by Dom Q. Silverio. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 1 2014 2:32 PM

Interplay, wrong login location and media offline

One of my colleagues logged into the wrong location at the start of his session.

He imported a bunch of files into a bin, and did some work.

Our media managers saw the project logged into the wrong place (snd the same project logged into where it was supposed to be) and deleted the project from the erranr location.

When my colleague opened up hi project again the imported material was now offline and had to be re-imported.

Is this normal? My belief is that when the erranr project was deleted that it cut the ties to the imported media thus creating offline files, but he believes that this is in correct and that the media should still be online.

AT

• Tue, Jul 1 2014 3:16 PM In reply to

Re: Interplay, wrong login location and media offline

It depends what your media manager did. I assume the media manager only deleted the database entries for the errant project and NOT the media associated with that project.

IF that is the case, then the correct project should remain linked to the same media. You can try using the command "Update from Interplay" to see if you can relink.

Media can be linked to various clips and sequences across multiple projects. Interplay will track all these links. Normally, you delete only the database entries. Once you have deleted all entries, the media is then moved to the "Orphan" section of the database by Interplay. This ensures the media is safe to delete.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller