Latest post Sat, Jun 7 2014 7:17 AM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 6 2014 11:10 PM

• Nsuzer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Lost Avid Media Composer Projects

I've been working on my film project since 3 days that was saved on external drive. Today I've realized that unfortunately Avid Projects folder didn't contain the project anymore, not only that, but also some other external projects I previously worked too. Only one project was still in there but but it doesn't have its neither bin nor sequence so it's just basically empty. I have no idea how it is possible to disappear from the folder but I really need to know the reason to prevent from it happening ever again. I have also tried every way to recover the external drive but nothing works. But I assure you that I haven't deleted them nor there was an error or crash on the external drive. I have a feeling that I can't recover the lost projects that were on the external drive so I'm not even asking about it but please assist me about the reasons and precaustions for this case...

Thank you in advance.

Asus ROG i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz 24GB RAM, 64bit operating system, Windows 8 Avid Media Composer (Student Edition) [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 7 2014 1:43 AM In reply to

Re: Lost Avid Media Composer Projects

Ok so I always back up my projects to a USB drive as well as have a copy on an external drive and lets not forget the C:/ drives normal way of saving... Anyways if by cahnce you don't have any back up or copy of ur project ur may still have a chance as Avid keeps and Attic look here for help

http://www.avid.com/US/avid-tv/MC5RetrievingaprojectfromtheAttic

And here's one from my friend David Forsyth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJ4RQTQqoI

See how you go

Javier

MC 7.0 Symphony 7.0 Win 7 64bit 1 x XW 8600 quad 16gig ram 480gig SSD FX 5400 4 1tb 32 mb cache drives Pro tools 10 Avid fx Avid 3d Matrox... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Sat, Jun 7 2014 2:40 AM In reply to

• Nsuzer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Thank you so much Javier!

I wish I would have known this before it was too late to submit my assignment since the film project was due today :<

This information/solution should be much more apparent on the forums via google or avid.com search

Asus ROG i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz 24GB RAM, 64bit operating system, Windows 8 Avid Media Composer (Student Edition) [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 7 2014 7:17 AM In reply to

Hi,

If there's an Avid Projects folder on your external drive, and also a different one on the system drive, is it possible you're looking in the wrong Avid Projects folder?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller