Latest post Mon, Jun 9 2014 1:19 PM by denniscasey. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 4 2014 5:19 PM

• denniscasey
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • St. Paul, Minnesota
    • Posts 665
    • Points 8,475

Got "Software License no longer activated" warning--is this happening to others?

Was editing with MC 7.0.2 when it froze and warning screen popped up "The Software License is no longer activated on this system." Machine is not connected to internet at this time and warning popped up at exactly 11am CDT. Not wanting to risk messing with this I immediately called Avid license supprt.  I have been on hold for 45 minutes. They are normally very quick to answer so I suspect some widespread problems overwhelming them.

Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions--i.e. should I just click "ok" and hope things work and deal with license problem later?

I am owner of MC and have had no licensing issues until now (after many upgades. etc).  Last install was October, 2013.

UPDATE: In case this helps others who may get this problem. After 50 minutes Avid person answered. Verified I was legitimate licenssee. Wanted to do remote session. So I connected to internet and in order to minimize MC I had to click OK to license warning.  That brought up warning "Avid Editor has stopped working" and MC shutdown.  Avid person wanted me to start MC now that he was connected via internet.  I did that and MC started working again. Avid person (one who needed to keep "checking resources") asked around and no one had any idea why this happened--best advice was to call again if problem happens again or e-mail tech person.  Before he disconnected I also unplugged CAT 5 internet cable with MC running and it seems ok.  I told Avid person I normally am disconnected from internet and have had no problems but he thought if problem happens again to try connected to internet and starting MC as "it may need to check your activation/license status."   I did ask if this could be related to Avid's new subscription MC8 roll out and he did not think so.  Dennis

MC6.5.2 SYSTEM: Asus P6X58D Premium; Intel i7-930 2.8 Ghz; PNY FX1800 GPU;500 GB RAID 1 System Drives; 1 TB RAID 0 Media Drives; 12 GB triple channel RAM;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 9 2014 6:22 AM In reply to

Re: Got "Software License no longer activated" warning--is this happening to others?

Hi

i have had exactly this 2 times over the last 6 months.

Mo idea why and mc continues without issue afterwards but I don't like it?

peter

Windows 7 Pro 64, Intel i7 3.4 ghz cpu, 32 GIG DDR3, MC 8.4.5 Pro Tools 10 & 11 [view my complete system specs]

Peter Groom

Dubbing Mixer

• Mon, Jun 9 2014 10:13 AM In reply to

Re: Got "Software License no longer activated" warning--is this happening to others?

Update 7.0.4 addresses this issue for dongles. 

Bug Number: UDevC00182942. In some instances, Dongles might have been inadvertently
    deactivated.

MC/SN 2018.6+7+8+9+12 x 16 Z400/420/440 PC's on W7 x64. 2 x Mac, 4 x PT 12.8.1 HDX, S6 all on PCs. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 9 2014 1:17 PM In reply to

• denniscasey
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • St. Paul, Minnesota
    • Posts 665
    • Points 8,475

Peter, it was a bit nerve wracking when it happened to me. With the "Software License no longer activated" warning on screen MC was basically froze--then when I closed the message I got the warning Avid Editor is not working and MC shut down--fears that I lost work on that project.  However, as you note, when I restarted MC (now connected to internet) the MC autosave feature had saved all the work.

Although the technician had no idea why it happened, he has sent me his e-mail address and offered to call me if it happens again to further troubleshoot so there is some interest on Avid's part in trying to figure out what happened.   Dennis

MC6.5.2 SYSTEM: Asus P6X58D Premium; Intel i7-930 2.8 Ghz; PNY FX1800 GPU;500 GB RAID 1 System Drives; 1 TB RAID 0 Media Drives; 12 GB triple channel RAM;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 9 2014 1:19 PM In reply to

• denniscasey
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • St. Paul, Minnesota
    • Posts 665
    • Points 8,475

ShadenFreude:

Update 7.0.4 addresses this issue for dongles. 

Bug Number: UDevC00182942. In some instances, Dongles might have been inadvertently
    deactivated.

I don't have a dongle, but perhaps the fix also applies to those who don't use the dongle method?  Dennis

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller