Latest post Sun, Mar 30 2014 8:36 PM by jef. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 30 2014 4:05 PM

DF and NDF issues

Howdy

Recently several pkgs were sent to mix in NDF and it was discovered late in the game. I recently built our show on a DF timeline and cut in the NDF pkgs along with DF pkgs and their associated mixed audio stems and sent it all back for final mix.

There was a problem in the mix where the audio engineer could not mix our show because of the mixed NDF and DF pkgs on our DF timeline.

I was under the impression that if I put everything onto a DF timeline it would turn the NDF into DF (and I found out all this infor after the fact).

Can someone enlighten me as to how to resolve this issue...hopefully without having to rebuild my show and redo all the fixes that have already been made.

TIA

Biker

• Sun, Mar 30 2014 7:33 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,569
    • Points 45,830
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: DF and NDF issues

The Clip->Modify command can change timecode from NDF to DF and vice-versa. I'm unsure if you needed to change it before adding the clips to the timeline. But as it's Media based, I think it might take effect even after the fact.

I hope this is of some help.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, Mar 30 2014 8:36 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,413
    • Points 41,200

Re: DF and NDF issues

videobikerNY:

There was a problem in the mix where the audio engineer could not mix our show because of the mixed NDF and DF pkgs on our DF timeline.

Something seems odd here.  Our mixers deal with sequences containing a mix of NDF and DF regularly with no issues.  They are using Nuendo systems.

I would bring this up with the mixer or get a second opinion.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller