Latest post Thu, Feb 20 2014 7:27 PM by tlsonata. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:51 PM

• tlsonata
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 19 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Audio not playing (or connected)

Hi Everybody!

Brand new user and boy I kind of feel in over my head here. I have a hard drive with Avid Content that I'm able to load up but it looks like a good majority of the audio is not working (it's a bright red on the timeline). The video plays fine, but it's just not seeing the aif files. I've tried re-linking to no avail. The audio is in an OMFI folder and when I drag that into a bin it adds the video files associated, but still no audio plays. Some video files do play with audio, which makes the whole thing even more bizarre, but I can't even find what audio file names are associated with the videos to add them manually. I'm sure there's some easy step I'm overlooking, but I'm just not getting it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I can send screenshots or videos if you need further information.

Thank you for any help with this!

(as a note I'm using MC 7.03 and Mavericks)

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Feb 20 2014 7:41 AM In reply to

Re: Audio not playing (or connected)

Find a video clip that does play audio ok.

On that clip right click and choose reveal file. You will get an explorer/finder window and an option to reveal the next file which should leave you with a window open for each element of the clip. Hopefully 1 for video and 2 for audio.

The audio files will be the smaller in size. This will show you the lcoation and format of the audio files that are working. My guess is they will be MXF files in the Avid mediafiles folder.

I suspect the OMFI mediafiles folder isn't being read by MC. Either because it's not at root level, or it's not named correctly or you have a permissions issue.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Feb 20 2014 7:27 PM In reply to

• tlsonata
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 19 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Audio not playing (or connected)

You fixed it! Multiple computers were working on these files, so the audio was separated per computer by folder. Since they were all in the OMFI folder, I didn't think it was an issue. I dragged the aif files into the main OMFI folder and walla! Audio is now connected.

Pat, you are the wind beneath my wings. If you ever need any goodies from NYC, just let me know. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller