Latest post Thu, Sep 19 2013 4:28 PM by FunkyDragon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 18 2013 4:17 PM

• Jason NLC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 13 2013
    • Posts 154
    • Points 2,150

MC 7 killed my DS 10.5

I was able to use Media Composer 7 Symphony Option and DS 10.5 on the same system for several weeks until I started getting an error in Media Composer that would crash my system.  Media Composer did not start working again until I updated the GPU, but this killed the DS.  I was told that DS 11 could work on the same system as Media Composer 7.  Do I really have to pay $5000 to upgrade to DS 11?  That seems criminal.  We've dumped a ton of money into the DS over the last decade, surely AVID will give us a break?

• Wed, Sep 18 2013 4:21 PM In reply to

Re: MC 7 killed my DS 10.5

Pretty sure V7 support was part of the DSV11 update so if you need to run DS 10.5 then you need to run the supported MC version (V6.5.3  think?)

You could go the dual boot route and have diffeent configs.

How did you update the GPU? That's the graphics card or do you mean you updated the display driver?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Sep 19 2013 1:53 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Avid DS and Media Composer qualification list: http://aviddssupport.avid.com/index.htm?section=configurations/mc_bundle.htm

If you kept an active support contract, upgrading from DS 10.5 to 11.1 (current release) is free of charge, otherwise you will be charged a renewal fee (consult your reseller for details).

The DS qualified workstation and equipment is detailed at http://aviddssupport.avid.com/index.htm?section=configurations/ds-11-requirements.htm.  I ignore why your DS stopped working but you don't provide much detail either...

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Thu, Sep 19 2013 4:28 PM In reply to

And please read Sylvain's "I Ignore why" as "I don't know why"

(Lost in translation)

Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option Win7x64 Pro HP zBook 15" Laptop - 16GB RAM (2nd System) Media Composer 8.2 Dongle+Symphony Option - HP z420... [view my complete system specs]

The FunkyDragon 

Happy Editing!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller