Latest post Thu, May 16 2013 5:43 AM by ripvanmarlowe. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 11 2013 7:53 PM

Turning a DS trial edition in to a training edition...

Hi there,

I recently downloaded the DS V.11 30 day trial which has now run out.  I then received an email from Avid telling me;

"

** To turn your trial into a "Training Edition" that you can use indefinitely, click the "Training Edition" link above to download the Avid DS License Manager and use it to remove your trial license. You will then be able to use your Avid DS software as a Training Edition. Please note that exporting and output are disabled in the Training Edition."

I downloaded the License Manager and entered the dongle-ID that was generated for my trial.  Clicked "Clear Licenses" on the license manager and a pop up appeared saying "The Licenses were successfully cleared from the database.". 

Now I open DS, which now says "Training Edition" on the splash screen and get the error message; "License verification failed.".  DS then closes.

What do I need to do here to make this work?

Cheers,

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 14 2013 7:07 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Re: Turning a DS trial edition in to a training edition...

You click Clear License to erase it but you also mention that you entered the dongle-ID generated for the trial...  I am thinking that you are keeping the license registered but it must be removed for Avid DS to freely start in Training Edition mode.  If a license remains on the system, the TE is prevented from working.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Wed, May 15 2013 3:40 PM In reply to

Hi Sylvain,

Ok, so how do i clear all the licenses?  The License Manager is just a pop up window with an entry form, a browse button, a button which says "Clear Licenses" and an Ok and Cancel button.  What else can I do other than hit "Clear Licenses"?  When I hit it it says "The Licenses were successfully cleared from the database.".

The first time I did it I entered the Dongle-ID code that I received when downloading the initial trial and hit clear licenses.  Successive times I have not entered anything in the entry form but instead just hit "Clear Licenses".  I still get the same message telling me they've all been cleared and when I boot DS I still get the error "License Verification Failed.".

Do I need another license for the training edition?

Thanks for any help,

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 15 2013 8:19 PM In reply to

• slabross
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 938
    • Points 9,690
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: Avid DS

Clear License should indeed clear this information but you should not point to the trial license because maybe you are keeping it instead.  Try again.  Run DS License Manager and only click the Clear License option, nothing else.

If DS persists with the License verification failed error, then something is broken.  In that case, I suggest this article to fully remove and reinstall the application:  http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/en237605

Avid DS should then start normally in Training Edition without a license.

Sylvain Labrosse
    Principal Expert | Services and Customer Success

Avid
    3510 St-Laurent Boulevard
    Montréal, QC H2X 2V2
    Canada
    sylvain.labrosse@avid.com

Create cases online now at  csportal.avid.com 
    It's fast, easy and effective!

We're Avid.  Learn more at www.avid.com  

• Thu, May 16 2013 5:43 AM In reply to

Thanks Sylvain, I'll give that a try as I have tried it without entering the trial license and still get the same result.

Andi

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller