Latest post Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:56 AM by Perry. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 17 2013 6:44 PM

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,413
    • Points 41,200

Quick Poll for DS 11 users

Do you use the Artist Color Controller in DS v11?

Thanks,

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." mostly 8.10.0 but playing w 2018.11| OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:56 AM In reply to

Re: Quick Poll for DS 11 users

Not before I get a chance to customize it, but the transport controller is great.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

• Sat, Mar 23 2013 6:34 PM In reply to

• mrmikster
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeleez
    • Posts 572
    • Points 6,450
    • Moderator: Avid DS
      Moderator: MetaFuze

Yes. While I still prefer to use curves for my first pass and the MC Color doesn't work with curves yet, my second pass uses the balls and rings for a quick touch up. Plus the knobs work with all the other effect pages including titling, very cool.

I also use the Transport. Like Igor says, it's great. In addition, I'm probably one of the few DS users using the MC Control, and it ranks right up there with the Transport. Would be even better if the audio controls were useable, but with the ability to map the touchscreen with banks of tools, it's a huge timesaver.

"There are no rules for the brave". Albert Einstein

• Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:56 AM In reply to

• Perry
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 7
    • Points 75

Yes, but very dissapointing for grading (which is obviously why we got it) many of the tabs (Levels, Curves, Channels) do not work. Works ok with other effects but.....

Also while on the subject is anyone out there happy with v11 handling of XDCam material? In reality for me it's no improvement on v10.5 as it usually cannot see the mxf from Media Composer - and when it can it has a fault (claims to be 1088 lines). End result I'm still transcoding out of MC.

Overall I'm very dissapointed with v11, I regret wasting the money on the upgrade.

Perry

DS vers 11.1.1 HP Z800 2x 2.93GHz [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller