Latest post Thu, Jan 24 2013 1:59 PM by JakeZZ. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:06 PM

• JakeZZ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 31 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

digitize problem

Hi I am not able to firewire my mini dv deck into my avid & digitize succesfully, I can do it on the same computer in final cut. I am on a mac pro OSX 10.6.7 & the media composer 5.5.1. Do I need a mojo or does anyone know how I can get this to work?
    Thanks
    Vic

• Thu, Jan 24 2013 12:59 AM In reply to

• ericswanson
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Texas
    • Posts 46
    • Points 580

Re: digitize problem

Here is how I do it:

1. Connect your camera to the computer via firewire (in times past, Avid wanted the builtin FW port all to itself, not sure if that is still true)

2. Turn on the camera, select VCR mode

3. Boot the computer

4. Open Avid

5. Settings -> Deck Config (I think that's the name), make sure you have 1394 as the channel (left side of the window), and your camera make & model selected (right side), save

6. Go to Capture workspace

7. Make sure your camera is selected in the Capture Tool, insert a tape, Avid will ask for a tape name, press play in the Capture Tool and the deck (camera) should respond.

8. If you changed the config above (step 5), you might need to exit Avid then restart it before Avid sees the camera.  "Check Decks" may also work to find the deck in the Capture Tool.

Editing on an Xserve (2 x 2.93 GHz quad-core), 12 GB RAM, boot disk is a PCIe SSD) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 24 2013 1:59 PM In reply to

• JakeZZ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 31 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: digitize problem

Eric, thank you the advice you gave was very helpful!

Best

Vic

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller