Latest post Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:59 PM by Mac Master E. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:30 PM

Trail has expired after a few hours

I downloaded the Free Trail and it's been about 2 hours and it's saying that the trail has expired.  I'm taking classes at Future Media Concepts soon and want to be able to understand the software prior to taking the  certification.  Why has the free trail expired?  I'm using a MacBook Pro 10.8. 

• Mon, Aug 6 2012 2:44 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,089
    • Points 216,625
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Trail has expired after a few hours

Hello there....

Possible that the 30 day window clock thinks it is over..... did you change the time on your Mac?  Also if you remove the trial or modify a project it can also mess with the timing.

Send me an email off frum and I can send you a 30 day license.

marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:11 PM In reply to

Also, if you have an older version of the software and you have tried to open a pre-existing project with pre-existing media in the 30 day demo, that would negate the permissions for the free trial version.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:16 PM In reply to

I downloaded the Lynda.com Avid training videos and exercise files.  Do you think that may be causing the issue?

• Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:56 PM In reply to

Mac Master E:

I downloaded the Lynda.com Avid training videos and exercise files.  Do you think that may be causing the issue?

Yes, that is a good possibility, since the media files created for that training would have a created date/time stamp that would precede the date you activated your 30 day trial version. The demo version is intended as a "test drive" for a prospective customer to decide whether to buy or not, and is designed to allow new media to be created for that purpose. It is not intended for the continuation of editing on existing Avid projects or for training purposes.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Aug 6 2012 3:59 PM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller