Latest post Fri, May 25 2012 7:02 PM by SamDogDigital. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 24 2012 2:19 AM

• Dennis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 10 2011
    • Houston
    • Posts 5
    • Points 70

Other applications cover Avid Media Composer

I am running Media Composer 5.5 on an iMac. When I open go to another application and then click on a composer window the other application does not go to the background like it did with Xpress Pro. If i check something on a script in Word and then click on the timeline window to go back to composer, only the timeline window comes to the front. The monitor windows, project window, bins, etc stay behind the Word document. If I can see a part of those windows I have to click on them to bring them on top of the Word document. Often open bins or the project window are completely hidden so I cannot get to them unless I go back to the Word document and every other program that is open and minimize the window to the dock. This is really annoying. I recall there beiing some setting to "Hide Background" or something to that effect in XpressPro. A single click on any Avid window brought all windows inthe program to the front. I have looked for a similar setting in Composer 5.5 but can't find one. Any suggestions?

word hiding my bins

27" iMac | OS X 10.11.6 | 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB | Media Composer 8.9.3 | ProTools 12.7.1.733 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 25 2012 7:02 PM In reply to

Re: Other applications cover Avid Media Composer

Look for a Mac app called Think.  It blacks out the background and only allows one program at a time to be seen.  It's free.

Lee

Daytime Gig Gear Hardware: HP Z820 32gb ram • AJA Kona LHi • Xtore 5tb RAID • NVidia Quadro 5000 • JVC 24" HD-SDI monitor • Avid Artist Color &... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller