Latest post Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:08 AM by adamsonn. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 30 2012 2:45 AM

• ode2fame
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 9 2012
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Avid MC6 alt + c issue

For some reason on my home system when i use the alt+c command to put it into the source monitor all you hear is the audio and the source monitor is black.

When i press the source record button at the bottom of the timeline i can see that the video and audio are there but the video remains frozen while the audio plays.

Have any of you heard of this bug?  Any suggestions?

• Mon, Apr 30 2012 6:27 AM In reply to

Re: Avid MC6 alt + c issue

Hi,

Does this only happen in the source side, and only with material that's been loaded there by pressing ALT+c?  In other words, does the record side play correctly, and if you double-click a clip in a bin and play it in the source side, does that work correctly?

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:08 AM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 679
    • Points 10,100

Re: Avid MC6 alt + c issue

This appears to be fixed in 6.0.1.1 - the problem previous to this release  (at least if I understand your question correctly) was that when you went Alt C or CTRL / ALT / C  and the little monitor icon on the timeline was on the top most track and this top most track was empty  then the video in underlying tracks was not copied across

You need to monitor the top most track that you want to send to the source monitor - i.e put the little monitor icon on the track that has a video clip and the press alt c

Hope this explains it clearly enough

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller