Latest post Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:54 AM by Hans_Knikman. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 9 2011 11:24 PM

Problems With Squeeze 8 and QT Reference Files

Last night I did various tests and came up with the following conclusions, both within MC6...

a)  Video Mixdown sequences generated prior to MC6 and then "Sent To" Squeeze 8 as QT Reference file imports fine.  Video appears in the timeline.  However, after applying DVD settings, the encode fails with a lame explanation of, "encode failed".

b)  A video mixdown sequence generated after MC6 was installed fails to import properly into Squeeze 8... all I get is white video on the timeline.  I did not get an error the one time I tried to encode it but the m2v file was all white video that wouldn't play.

I have also noticed that settings don't remain after editing them.  For instance, I made a new Present with 16x9 NTSC video and PCM audio.  The PCM audio setting won't hold.  It keeps reverting to an "LG" setting.

All in all, Squeeze 8 Lite seems like a very cheap product.  Squeeze 4.5 was tricky for me but worked as advertised.  I'm thinking about going back to it.

Last thought, since I upgraded to MC5.5 so I could upgrade to MC6, can I get Squeeze 6.5 as part of that MC5.5 upgrade?  Just a hope,

David

AMD Phenom II 1090T Six-Core processor, 12GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card with 1 GB memory, HDMI, onboard RealTek HD audio ports, analog and... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 10 2011 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: Problems With Squeeze 8 and QT Reference Files

also ask around on the complete your suite forum (http://community.avid.com/forums/347.aspx) 3rd party products are monitored there

Dell Precision 670, Xeon 3Ghz 3GB Memory 1 x 250 systemdisk, Gb 2x500 Gb datadisks, 4x 1Tb datadisks, Soundblaster Audigy, Quadro FX 1400, MC latest, Mojo... [view my complete system specs]

http://www.AvidUserGroup.NL fcp2avid

"The Technology Is Not Guilty" - Nicolas Philibert quoted in "Documentary in the digital age" by Maxine Baker (2006)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller