Latest post Wed, Aug 24 2011 2:55 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 24 2011 2:14 PM

• tomtom01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 26 2007
    • Posts 18
    • Points 280

How to incorporate video content in an image?

Hi all, I am trying to find out how to do the following; I am trying to create some templates for a regular show at university that can be changed on a regular basis - the templates I want to create would be either a graphic or an animation that includes video content - I was looking at the following clip from the BBC 60 second news roundup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ECP0cjHq0 and really like the animation (starts at 6 seconds) and the fact that it has 2 different videos playing simultaneously and wondered what I would need to produce the same effect. I have Media Composer, FX and 3D.

If anyone can suggest the best place to look to find this out or who could suggest a way of doing this then that would be great

• Wed, Aug 24 2011 2:55 PM In reply to

Re: How to incorporate video content in an image?

In the sample provided, it is just an animation with an alpha channel where the tv viewing area is cutout.  You then place your video behind/under the animation layer and 3D Warp to skew, corner pin, rotate, scale, etc.  

You then save your effects as Left Screen and Right Screen templates and apply them to whatever video you need to when you want to change it.  

You can often find pre-made After Effects templates like this on various stock footage websites or you could design/build your own from scratch.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller