Latest post Thu, Jul 21 2011 4:08 PM by Daniele Federico. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 20 2011 5:33 PM

Metafuze crashing in batch mode

Hi there.

I'm having issues with metafuze 2.5. I'm trying to create mxf videos fom our client dpx sequences. While metafuze is running fine in GUI mode, it's crashing in batch mode not giving any info about what happened. 

I'm running it under windows XP 64.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\MetaFuze>metafuze "C:\Documents and Settings\dfederi
    c\Desktop\test.xml"
    This is a command line test. The batch file was exported by a metafuze project which run fine in GUI mode.

Can you confirm metafuze is running fine under windows 64?

In the meanwhile I'll try reinstall it and give it another try.

Thanks,
    Daniele

• Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:00 PM In reply to

Re: Metafuze crashing in batch mode

Yes, MetaFuze should be running fine under win XP 64. Can you give more informations about what kind of transcode you are trying to do? Any LUT, burn-in applied? Is there something special about those DPX? Are you trying to transcode a stereo group?

Etienne Allard
    Engineer | P&S Creative Professional
    Avid

• Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:49 PM In reply to

Run Metafuze in batch mode with the debug switch enabled. The newer versions don't echo any information on the screen so it may look like it's crashed while it's still processing. You can aso CTRL+ALT+DEL and see if the Metafuze process is utilizing the CPU.

Igor Ridanovic

www.HDhead.com

• Thu, Jul 21 2011 8:54 AM In reply to

Hi Etienne.
    Thanks for your answer.
    No Lut or burn-in applied, yes I'm trying to transcode a stereo group and no, there's nothing special about my DPX.

Also (sorry for the dumb question): how do I enable the debug switch on?

This is the transcode:

- <Transcode>   <Version>1.0</Version>   <File>path\to\my\file</File>   <ClipName>clipName</ClipName>   <ProjectName>Project</ProjectName>   <TapeName>T025L</TapeName>   <TC_Start>13:41:52:12</TC_Start>   <DropFrame>false</DropFrame>   <EdgeTC>** TimeCode N/A **</EdgeTC>   <FilmType>35.4</FilmType>   <KN_Start>AAAAAAAA-0000+00</KN_Start>   <StereoMode>SIDEBYSIDE</StereoMode>   <Frames>100</Frames>   <Width>1920</Width>   <Height>1080</Height>   <PixelRatio>1.0000</PixelRatio>   <UseFilmInfo>false</UseFilmInfo>   <UseTapeInfo>true</UseTapeInfo>   <AudioChannelCount>0</AudioChannelCount>   <UseMXFAudio>false</UseMXFAudio>   <UseWAVAudio>false</UseWAVAudio>   <SrcBitsPerChannel>10</SrcBitsPerChannel>   <OutputPreset>1080 23.976p (10 bits) - DNX</OutputPreset> - <OutputPreset>   <Version>2.0</Version>   <Name>1080 23.976p (10 bits) - DNX</Name>   <ColorModel>YCC 709</ColorModel>   <BitDepth>10</BitDepth>   <Format>1080 23.976p</Format>   <Compression>DNxHD 175</Compression>   <Conversion>Anamorphic</Conversion>   <VideoFileType>.mxf</VideoFileType>   <IsDefault>false</IsDefault>   </OutputPreset>   <Eye><STEREO></Eye>   <Scene />   <Comment />   </Transcode>   </StereoGroup>   </MetaFuze_BatchTranscode> Thanks, Daniele
  • Thu, Jul 21 2011 9:03 AM In reply to

I just tried to export a mono sequence in batch mode and it's crashing as well.

I'll try to reinstall everything again.

Thanks,

Daniele

• Thu, Jul 21 2011 9:05 AM In reply to

Hi Igor.

Metafuze is actually crashing and not doing anything. When I run the batch command a window pops up and tell me metafuze crashed. So I assume it actually did.

Some echo in the command line would have been useful...

Thanks,

Daniele

• Thu, Jul 21 2011 4:08 PM In reply to

HI guys.

Systems made it work for me. Apparently there was something going wrong in this windows installation, but i don't really know what. So I confirm metafuze 2.5 is working fine even in batch mode.

And now I understand what you meant with "the debug switch".

Thanks,
    Daniele

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller