Latest post Tue, Jun 21 2011 4:22 PM by dgresh. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:15 PM

• dgresh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Philadelphia, PA
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

XDCAM AMA linking problem

I've been trying to link to files shot on a Sony F800.  I transferred the files from the DVD media that came in from the field to my RAID storage, but when I try "Link to AMA Volume" Avid won't recognize the files.

I was able to link to files from another F800 once before, and in comparing the two projects, I see the folder heirarchy is different.  On the project where everything wworked fine, I see these folders:

Clip

Component

Edit

General

Sub

UserData

And these files:

ALIAS.XML

DISCMETA.XML

INDEX.XML

MEDIAPRO.XML

SYSPRO.XML

In the project that I cannot link to, I see these folders:

CLPR

CMPTR

EDTR

USERDATA

and these files:

ALIAS.BUP

ALIAS.XML

DISCINFO.BUP

DISCINFO.XML

DISCMETA.XML

INDEX.BUP

INDEX.XML

SYSPRO.XML

My system is MC Nitris DX Version 5.2, with AMA plugin Version 1.4 installed

Any help appreciated!

Media Composer 5.52 Nitris DX HP z4000 workstation, Win7 Rorke Data Galaxy HDX2 array Panasonic AJ HD1400 DVCProHD deck [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 6:04 PM In reply to

• Kristina
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 28 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 462
    • Points 5,590

Re: XDCAM AMA linking problem

Hi,

yes the folder structure in your working project is a regular structure for a ProfDisc made by PDW-F800.

Do you have the original ProfDisk or what do you mean by "DVD"? The structure is definitely not coming from a original PDW-800 ProfDisc.

Best regards,

Kristina

several z800 and xw8600 Nitris DX, MC v.5.5.3, Win XP Prof SP3, ISIS-5000 16TB with Force 10 Switch 10Gig, several MOG S1010 ingest servers, several EVS... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 21 2011 4:22 PM In reply to

• dgresh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Philadelphia, PA
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

Re: XDCAM AMA linking problem

Thanks Kristina.  I think I got it sorted...

I installed an updated driver for the PDW-U1 disc drive and now the folder structure is correct.  Weird.

Media Composer 5.52 Nitris DX HP z4000 workstation, Win7 Rorke Data Galaxy HDX2 array Panasonic AJ HD1400 DVCProHD deck [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller