Latest post Fri, May 27 2011 10:09 AM by E Hornell. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 20 2011 3:40 PM

• E Hornell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 12 2008
    • Aberdeen, Scotland
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Scan folders 0 group(s) found

I'm intending to use Metafuze to transcode files for stereoscopic editing.  The MXF files for each "eye" are stored on external drives, one for the left and one for the right.  The folder structure is exactly the same on each drive.  With both external drives connected I select the relevant folders for scanning and run the scan.  Metafuze scans the folders as expected but results in 0 groups.  Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Media Composer 8, iMac OS X 10.9.2, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, 1.12TB Fusion Drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 24 2011 5:09 PM In reply to

Re: Scan folders 0 group(s) found

In the scan dialog, in the options portion of it (you may need to click on the Options button), click on the Files Type button. Make sure that the extension of your files to scan is selected. Also, select Merge All or if the files are on 2 completly independant paths.

Etienne Allard
    Engineer | P&S Creative Professional
    Avid

• Fri, May 27 2011 10:09 AM In reply to

• E Hornell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 12 2008
    • Aberdeen, Scotland
    • Posts 9
    • Points 125

Re: Scan folders 0 group(s) found

Etienne, many thanks for your response. 

It seems the problem was that my files were .mxf (recorded on a nano 3D) and metafuze does not support these.  Therefore I need to convert these to .mov to get them open in metafuze and then stereo grouped for use in MC 5.5.  A further complication is that these .mxf files are all 1080i.  In order to transcode in metafuze though these need to be 1080p (?) and of course to work in a stereoscopic project in MC 5.5 the format also needs to be 1080p.  So, I'm looking for the best solution to convert .mxf 1080i to .mov 1080p.  All suggestions welcome!  Many thanks.

Media Composer 8, iMac OS X 10.9.2, Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, 1.12TB Fusion Drive [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller