Latest post Thu, May 12 2011 2:36 PM by Pat Horridge. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 12 2011 2:36 PM

Media Composer 5.5.1 AMA XDCAM is anyone able to make it work?

Just had another customer on the phone who'd upgraded to 5.5 and found their XDCAM content now won't AMA but did in 5.0

I've just done a number of tests on 5.0 and 5.5 PC systems here and can confirm that the Sony XDCAM plugins seem to install fine into 5.5 and show in the AMA_listplugins but connecting to XDCAM folders produces an empty bin and no clips.

It's possible my test content (one is the XDCAM media supplied for 101) is somehow "damaged" and this hasn't been an issue for versions prior to 5.5 but is now?

I've even tried taking the Sony AMA plugins from a working V5.0 system and manually dropping them into a V5.5 AMA folder. Launching MC and seeing multiple Sony plugins and then mounting my AMA media and the console shows both plugins being tried but no mount.

Just curious if anyone has a working xdcam (not EX which works fine) data folder they can share to help unpick this issue.

Thanks

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller