Latest post Mon, May 9 2011 9:31 PM by Larry Rubin. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 9 2011 3:19 PM

MXF Cannot be Opened

I am moving data off old raid 0 drives to new larger raid 0 drives.  However, mxf files from one project refuse to be moved.  They do not open and kick the drive off the network when I attempt to do so.  They show up in the diretories and appear to be there.  When I try to copy paste them over... it's a no go.  Nothing seems to work.

I have run check disc over the drive and there are no physical errors or cluster issues.

Any suggestions for next steps other than brain surgery?

Rk

• Mon, May 9 2011 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: MXF Cannot be Opened

Mac or PC?

Can you make copies of the files on the same drive?

Can you connect the drives locally rather than over the network?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, May 9 2011 3:42 PM In reply to

Have you checked your permissions profiles?

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, May 9 2011 7:09 PM In reply to

Security is set to Everone, Full Control
    I am able to create directories.

• Mon, May 9 2011 7:13 PM In reply to

HP PC xw8400 with 8 gig of memory and two dual core processors.

Am not able to copy a file to a differnt directory on the same hard disk.  Or to the same subdirectory for that matter.

Write cacheing is enabled on the drives
    Drive ST350630ASA
    Driver Microsoft 6.1.7600.16385 Up to Date
    Computer ACPI x64 based PC - 8 gig memory

Not on a network sorry.  External ESATA Drives.  4-Port ESATA Card: Silcon Image Sil 3124 SoftRaid 5 Controller - Running ESATA Raid 0 - PCI Slot 5 (PCI bus 9, device 4, function 0)

Disk Security is set to Everone, Full Control I am able to create directories.
    I am not able to copy one of the non-copyable files (about 50) to another directory on the same drive.  Others copy fine to any drive, from the same directory. I am able to open a file using notepad and can see machine code.

• Mon, May 9 2011 7:25 PM In reply to

Suggest you download a freeware program that many Avid users use on a regular basis to move media, MDV, and see if you have any success with that.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, May 9 2011 8:37 PM In reply to

Looks like when I scan the files, I immedialy loose the drive.  It is indicated as failed in the maintain disc program.  I can reboot the computer and see the files in file directory but the mov program must be opening them which blows the drive off the machine.

• Mon, May 9 2011 9:27 PM In reply to

Does anyone know of an excellent Registry Repair program for WIndows 7 64 bit that really works.  I looked around and am starting tothink that every college kid out their is selling one.  Don't know what to trust with this.

Rick

• Mon, May 9 2011 9:31 PM In reply to

I can't speak to W7 64, but I'm running XP Pro SP 3 and using System Mechanic Professional and I love the hell out of it. After running the complete PC TotalCare function the first time I installed it, my computer responded and performed faster than it did when it was brand new. I highly recommend it.

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller