Latest post Wed, Apr 20 2011 1:38 PM by MichaelP. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 19 2011 7:04 PM

• felice
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 5 2010
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Metadata (TC) import via AMA in MC 5.5 -> 5D and separate audio import (Zoom)

Hello folks,

since I upgraded from 5.0.3.7r to 5.5.1 I am having a problem.

I work very often with Canon 5D files and linked them via AMA in 5.0.3.7r - the Timecode (timestamp from the camera) showed up in the Start TC column as it should.

Since I have 5.5.1 all the TC Start columns are set to 00:00:00:00. I can find the correct TC in the AUX column though, I could live with that.

But what is really bothering me is that the Audio import (recorded by different ZOOM recorders) now loses the TC completely, so no metadata available which is very annoying. Also the TC is sometimes starting at weird 00:00:00:02.

Am I missing something somewhere?

I tried to link the Audio by AMA and find the TC in the AUX TC column (it is there) but I cannot trancode or consolidate this file.

"The clip ZOOM0004 was skipped during the Consolidate operation because it is of a foreign compression type."

Transcode fails as well.

I would really like to avoid another cleaninstall. I am running on a certified system (MBP late 2008, 10.6.6)

All this is very annoying for my workflow. Do I have to downgrade to get the features back?

I appreciate your thoughts and help,

thanks

Macbook Pro unibody late 2008, 15" 2,8 Ghz, 4gb RAM, SL 10.6.6, AMC 5.5.1, Matrox MXO2 mini, Mojo SDI, CalDigit VR 4TB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 20 2011 1:38 PM In reply to

• MichaelP
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 2,444
    • Points 30,415
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Employee
      Moderator: Film
      Moderator: MetaFuze

Re: Metadata (TC) import via AMA in MC 5.5 -> 5D and separate audio import (Zoom)

I assume you are recording to a BWF format on the Zoom which will carry the timestamp as timecode? If so, never use AMA to point to AMA files as it will screw up the timecode. Because there is no AMA for BWF it uses QuickTime, and QuickTime is doing its own interpretation of timecode and handing back garbage. All BWF files should be imported and not AMA'd. When importing, you will be asked as to "frame rate" enter that, and you're good to go.

Michael

24p.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller