Latest post Tue, Oct 4 2011 8:18 PM by STEF. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 1 2011 2:59 PM

• DonBusko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 20 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Cursor is jumping to the end. Problem with audio hardware?

Hi, when I place an audio track (wav or mp3, doesn't matter) into the player window and press play, the cursor is jumping right to the end of the track as if the clip just has one frame of length. It keeps playing back the audio but the cursor stays on the last frame.

This only occurs when using my audio hardware which is an usb interface (M-Audio Fast Track Pro). I tried everything but until now I couldn't fix the problem. When I disable the hardware and use the onboard soundcard of my pc, the problem does not occur. So I can narrow it down on the audio hardware.

But what can I do? The drivers are up to date. My Media Composer is up to date. Ideas?

Martin

PC, Windows 7 64bit, Media Composer 5.5, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 570, MSI Mainboard, Intel i7 2600K Sandy Brigde, Raid 0, M-Audio Fast Track Pro audio interface, N-Vidia 3D Vision, 120 hz Monitor, Cineform neoHD.

• Thu, Jul 7 2011 8:03 PM In reply to

• STEF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 22
    • Points 320

Re: Cursor is jumping to the end. Problem with audio hardware?

Same as me !!!

With the older version, MC 5.0, no soucy.... and now with the 5.52, it sucks !!!! Super Angry

WTF ????

Asus z9PE D8 WS 2x E5 2687w, 32 GB memory Nvidia 770 4 GB Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme Windows 7 64b on Samsung Proi 256 SSD Media : Raid0 5x 1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 8 2011 7:34 AM In reply to

• DonBusko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 20 2011
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Hi, I'm already in contact with support but so far they haven't a clue. I only have this problem when using an external audio device (M-Audio Fast Track Pro). When using the onboard audio, the problem doesn't appear. Can you tell me more about your audio hardware? Maybe we find something common to track down the problem.

Martin

PC, Windows 7 64bit, Media Composer 5.5, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 570, MSI Mainboard, Intel i7 2600K Sandy Brigde, Raid 0, M-Audio Fast Track Pro audio interface, N-Vidia 3D Vision, 120 hz Monitor, Cineform neoHD.

• Tue, Jul 12 2011 10:17 PM In reply to

• STEF
    • Not Ranked
    • France
    • Posts 22
    • Points 320

ie9 uninstalled, problem persist ...

Indeed, with the onboard chip of the Tyan S7025, no problem.

As soon as I connect the M-Audio Fast Track Pro and try to use it on Avid Media Composer 5.52 :

• - import audio : cursor go to the end of the clip ; no way to add a mark in on the fly
    • - if I play a master clip with audio & video, but I deselect the video preview, the same problem appears
    • - if I play a video, the sound become unsync in about ~ 1s or 2s after press PLAY
    • - in the Audio Tools, when I want to record with Audio Punch In Tool, the peak graph freeze instead of modulate with the sound... but the sound can be captured

In Audio Project Settings

=> Card : Asio Audio & 1394 audio
    => Peripherial : M-Audio USB & Avid OHCI
    => Sync Mode : Internal

Last year, with the same computer, Win 7 64b, the same M-Audio Fast Trck pro interface, but with Avid Media Composer 5.0 ... all rocks fine !! Huh?

Now I am with the Win 7 SP1 and Internet Explorer 9... if i read :
    ==>> http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=294974
    .... IE 9 could be the conflict ??  ie9 uninstalled, problem persist ...

Regards

SteF

PS : asio4all doesn't trick it...

Asus z9PE D8 WS 2x E5 2687w, 32 GB memory Nvidia 770 4 GB Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme Windows 7 64b on Samsung Proi 256 SSD Media : Raid0 5x 1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 4 2011 8:18 PM In reply to

• STEF
    • Not Ranked
    • France
    • Posts 22
    • Points 320

Any workaround ??

Confused

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller