Latest post Tue, Mar 22 2011 8:01 AM by Vishal Alex Chacko. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 12 2011 3:32 PM

Metafuze 2.5 crashes with Red Rocket

Hi All,

I have been trying to install Metafuze on a system with red rocket card and MF crashes on launch. i noticed that when i dissable the Red Rocket card from the device pannel then MF has no problem.

I have installed the latest drivers 1.3.5.0 and updated the firmware for the card. Red Cine on the same machine works fine.

I am currently on windows XP SP3, with QT 7.6.9, JRE and WMP 11.

Kindly suggest a fix.

• Sat, Mar 12 2011 3:35 PM In reply to

Re: Metafuze 2.5 crashes with Red Rocket

I haven't been able to test with the rocket yet. Did you use the rocket installers that come with metafuze?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 12 2011 5:49 PM In reply to

Yes, i did try. same results. what come with the MF installer are lillte older version of the RR drivers. had to revert back to the newer drivers since red cine dosen't open RR card with the older drivers.

Thanks,

Vishal

• Sat, Mar 12 2011 6:02 PM In reply to

I've only once set up a system with both RCX and MF (and MC) with a Rocket, and I had to make sure that I got the right version of RCX so that both MF and MC and RCX would work with the same drivers and firmware. When I got that right, it seemed to work fine, and I haven't made any changes to the system yet. I'm assuming the same challenge applies to MF 2.5 and the Rocket.

I'm not in the studio these days, so it will take some time before I can test the Rocket system and get back to you. Hopefully others can try in the meantime?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 13 2011 11:25 AM In reply to

thanks Job,

on the same system, MF 2 works fine. just that 2.5 crashes on launch. i don't' think it has to do with RCX. Probably i will wait for your test results.

Note : i need 2.5 since the direct 24p PAL from r3d has been introduced.

• Mon, Mar 14 2011 5:31 PM In reply to

I just tried MetaFuze 2.5.0 on a machine having a red rocket card and I was able to transcode without any issue.

I used REDrocket driver v1.3.2.0 with REDrocket firmware v1.1.8.6.

Etienne Allard
    Engineer | P&S Creative Professional
    Avid

• Mon, Mar 14 2011 5:43 PM In reply to

Etienne Allard:

I used REDrocket driver v1.3.2.0 with REDrocket firmware v1.1.8.6.

how do i find out the version of firmware? i remember doing a firmware update from the Red Site. now i doubt this could be the reason.

thanks for trying this out.

Vishal

• Mon, Mar 14 2011 5:53 PM In reply to

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=366195&Hilite=red+rocket

That's the installer version that was approved for use with MC5. I think that's the version that Etienne is on.

• Mon, Mar 14 2011 6:01 PM In reply to

Yes, you're absolutely right Job! It is also possible to find the supported installers in MetaFuze installation's folder (something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\MetaFuze\Doc).

Etienne Allard
    Engineer | P&S Creative Professional
    Avid

• Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:15 AM In reply to

It's weird. I just tried, but MF 2.5 launches for me. Same driver and firmware as Etienne has. After launch, the active window is even called 'MetaFuze with RedRocket'.

Transcode times are not as good as RedCine-X, but still very OK.

I found that RedCine-X build 261 with Rocket works with the Avid supported driver/firmware.

All of this under Win7 Prof x64.

• Tue, Mar 22 2011 8:01 AM In reply to

I have downgraded the firmware of the card and the drivers on the device panel both from "Doc" drictory and the link, http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=366195&Hilite=red+rocket

this is as far as i could reach. and since the system dosent' belong to me, i can't change the OS. So i am stuck with XP 32 bit, which is my primary doubt.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller