Latest post Wed, Mar 2 2011 5:23 PM by Richard Bentley. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 2 2011 5:23 PM

Canon H.264 workflows with AMA x 2! **VIDEO TUTORIALS LINKED**

Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by!

I shoot on a Canon 7D which created beautiful looking H.264 files. There are a few workflows out there, they often depend on storage and speed requirements, and as we all know speed is often of the essence and storage comes at a premium when you're working with HD file right? Big Smile

Sometime I transcode straight to say DNxHD 185/175 or maybe 1:1 if I have:

A: shot very little footage and shot 'for the edit'

B: sub clipped all of the material using AMA prior to the transcode to DNXHD 185

Here's a little video tutorial on how I might go about that:

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE LINK TO THE VIDEO BELOW - COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER :-)

Sometimes though, I may have a higher shooting ratio, especially if I've shot 'guerilla' style with no plan (hey, wo hasn't been there!).

In these cases I do not want to choke my hard drives with extraneous HD material, so I do this instaed:

A. link to the clips via AMA

B. transcode to DNXHD 35 (don't bother with anything less, say SD, as this gives a sweet image with little space required for an HD offline)

C. edit a stunning piece!

D. delete the DHXHD 35 media (yes, delete it! [or hide it])

E. relink the sequence to the AMA clips again

F. transcode the sequence only to DNXHD 175 for example

Here's a little video on how to do that too: http://www.vimeo.com/20557784

It's always good to bear in mind that each project you are working on may have a different workflow. If you can, plan ahead, if not, save some space, time and energy so you can make that super-looking awesome film or video using the best tools (IMHO) in the industry!

Take care,

Richard.

Richard Bentley

Avid Master Instructor, Media Composer : PS Consultant

www.avid.com

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller