Latest post Sat, Feb 19 2011 7:47 AM by jwrl. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 19 2011 5:49 AM

• SeanSpain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Feb 19 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Importing footage already "Linked to AMA"

Hello all,
    I just recently obtained my version of MC5 and I'm still a bit of a novice, so please bear with me if I ask something I should already know.

Recently I obtained the Avid project (and all related files) for a project I recently directed from my editor in order for me to make any changes whenever needed instead of whatever time is convenient for him. Going through the project I'm finding most everything has been brought in using "Link to AMA" instead of actually importing the footage like I had asked, since we were having problems using "AMA." What I would like to do know if actually get all the footage imported into the project as MXF files like I originally wanted, and have it replace the information currently reading from the "linked" clips, since the movie is already completed. In other words, I want all the media in the timeline to be reading from the MXF files instead of the AMA link. I however am not sure how to go about this. My one thought was to select the clips and then select Batch Import, though I always received an error message telling me I couldn't do that with footage using "Link to AMA" (like just about everything else, which is why I want to import the footage). Does anyone know how to accomplish this, or do I have to just recut everything back into the timeline? I'd like to see if there's a quicker option before doing that though. Hopefully I'm making since about what I'm asking.

Thanks!

Sean

• Sat, Feb 19 2011 7:47 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,381
    • Points 96,975

Re: Importing footage already "Linked to AMA"

SeanSpain:
    I want all the media in the timeline to be reading from the MXF files instead of the AMA link.
    It's highly unlikely that there are any MXF files corresponding to the AMA media.  If you remount your AMA media you can transcode from your master sequence to create MXF files coresponding to those AMA versions.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller