Latest post Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:02 PM by Allan Hughes. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 13 2011 8:44 PM

failed to get the sample temporal offset from the ama plug-in

Hey, 

Shooting with XD Cam, trying to transcode at XD 50 Mbit/sec, but when the disc loads up in Avid (AMA), i get those blue streaking bars, and then when I try to transcode it, I get this error: failed to get the sample temporal offset from the ama plug-in

XD Cam Transfer: I can pull the proxies fine, and view the footage. But it's only in Avid, that when I try to pull it in, i get this error. 

The Interesting thing is, this disc 029 didn't work, so I put in 030, and that worked as normal. Got it all transcoded, no problems. So is it a disc problem? 

Anyone help please? 

Using a MX02 Mini, Avid 5.0.3.5, on a Mac Pro. 

• Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:02 PM In reply to

Re: failed to get the sample temporal offset from the ama plug-in

Just a follow up on this.

I had 3 discs to transcode, 29 was giving me the blue line problem, and the error above. 30 transcoded like a gem, and 31 I had another error. Something to do with the CREATING in the avid media folders. 

Anyways, I started transcoding 30 in chunks of 10. (there are over a 100 clips on each disc) but I brought them in 10 clips at a time, and didn't have an issue. (as opposed to selecting all and bringing them in)

But, I then went back to my nemesis, 29. I tried importing just 10 clips at a time, and it WORKED! 

Can't explain why, or how. But nothing changed in the hardware, or software. I just gave it some time, and tried to import in smaller chunks, and it worked. 

Maybe that'll work for anyone else having the problem? 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller