Latest post Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:31 PM by whispered_threat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 18 2010 10:45 PM

Media Composer 5.0.3 OS X Failing to launch

I've been running the trial of Media Composer 5.0.3 for the past 2 weeks without any problems

For some reason today when I launched the program when boot up got to "Initializing AVID Media Access Volume Manager" It froze/crashed and I had to force quit.

Heres what I've tried:

1. Reboot

2. Eject / Disconnect External HD, Reboot

3. Uninstall / Reinstall Media Composer then 1 and 2 again

4. Uninstall Media composer then Pro Tools Reinstall protools then Reinstall Media Composer / Repeat above steps

5. Located and moved Avid MediaFiles Folders on all drives/partitions tried above again

6. none of this has done anything, when the program is lauched it proceeds normally through I/O Initialization, Plugin Initialization etc., but never gets past Initializing Media Access Volume Manager...

I've searched and haven't managed to locate anything pertaining to this issue

any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.6.4 Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 MBox 2 / 003 Factory Media Composer 5.0.3 Trial ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 19 2010 10:30 AM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 5.0.3 OS X Failing to launch

hi,

try to move the database files (msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb)

located : Applications/Avid Media Composer/SupportingFiles/Avid_MediaFiles/

say me if that good !!

• Wed, Oct 20 2010 12:27 AM In reply to

This appears to have worked!!

I was able to launch the program successfully

thank you very much / merci beaucoup

hopefully it continues to work properly

Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM OS X 10.6.4 Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 MBox 2 / 003 Factory Media Composer 5.0.3 Trial ... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:31 PM In reply to

So I launched Media Composer again today and.....

It failied to launch again :( apparently the database files were not the problem.

however I found the cause of the crash: when I disabled wifi ie: turn airport off, the program launched without a hitch.

I tested this theory relaunching the program several times with airport on: it failed to launch every time, airport off: launched without a problem each time.

although this is obviously not optimal it is an acceptable workaround.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller