Latest post Fri, Oct 1 2010 1:41 AM by AcornEdit. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 1 2010 1:11 AM

• AcornEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 19 2005
    • Posts 35
    • Points 435

Render Keyboard Mapping Problem

Hello,

So, I like to map functions to the keyboard, and one of them is SHIFT-R, which I have mapped as "Render In/Out."  Apparently when you do this, it will render everything you have marked, even if an effect has already been rendered.  As in, if I have 100 effects, but only 36 of them are un-rendered, it will say "100 Effects to Render" anyway, and just do them all.  However, if I went through the menu, and did Clip>Render In/Out, it would only say "36 Effects to Render."  I guess Avid has known about this bug/discrepancy for a long time... it never bothered me because it didn't really take much more time, and I kinda liked seeing how many effects there were total, so I didn't think anything of it and just re-rendered the other 64 effects.

HOWEVER, on the show I'm currently on, something has changed:  now, on any EQ effect I have in my sequence, the effect is DOUBLED after I SHIFT-R my sequence.  So, if I have music playing in a club, and boost the bass in the Audio EQ Tool, I would render it and keep working... then when it came time to output, I would select the whole sequence and do my SHIFT-R to render everything, but that music cue would be completely blown out.  This would happen with any EQ effect made from the Audio EQ Tool (D-Verbs and EQ 3 7-bands from the AudioSuite Window would all be fine).  Any previously rendered EQ effect would be doubled-up, and the sound would be overblown.

If I go through the menu, or right-click, only the un-rendered effects come up, and all is well.  It's just very annoying that I can't have the function work the way it has for years thus far.

Is this a known issue?  Have I just been lucky so far with my keyboard mapping?  Or is this a new problem that has come up because an old one wasn't fixed?  I tried this on multiple user settings on multiple machines on multiple sequences/projects, and they all had the same result.  We are all on MC 4.0.5.  Any insight would be much appreciated!

Avid MC 4.0.5 Nitris DX Mac OSX 10.5.8 QT 7.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 1 2010 1:23 AM In reply to

Re: Render Keyboard Mapping Problem

This is the first I've ever heard of it. Tomorrow, I'll try this on my platform and see what happens on a PC...

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Oct 1 2010 1:41 AM In reply to

• AcornEdit
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 19 2005
    • Posts 35
    • Points 435

Re: Render Keyboard Mapping Problem

Thanks for the quick reply... look forward to your results!

Avid MC 4.0.5 Nitris DX Mac OSX 10.5.8 QT 7.6.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller