Latest post Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:45 AM by jdcprd. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:00 AM

EDL Manager RED Footage * A serious program occurred.......

Hello!

So i'm an assistant editor on an independent feature film. We are using MC5 working with RED and 5D footage.

I ingested the footage through AMA and transcoded to DNxHD115 plus I had to sync the sound manually. We just about locked picture and I'm prepared to pull an EDL of the show. So go to output and click EDL and the window pops up and when I go to Get Sequence, it loads for a minute and the following message pops up.

*Avid EDL Manager

A serious program error has occurred. Restarting the application is recommended. If you need further assistance record the following information and call Avid Customer Support:

Error:Assertion failed:sLastIDAssigned.0

File: /Snapshots/relengintel8_1274765750/ppg/MCTop/ProjectFiles/../../EDL_Mgr/EDL_Core/edl_tapenames.c, Line: 1595*

So I did a number of things...

I closed down Avid and launch EDL Manager and when I open the sequence bin, the error immediately pops up.

I tried multiple smaller sequences and it only works with a smaller sequence but for some reason the larger sequences keeps bringing this error back. Please tell me that the only way to bring an EDL out is to separate the final sequence into to five parts? (reels*) this is only a 95 minute movie.

Help me out here. My job is on the line if I don't figure this out

Filed under: , , , , , , ,
  • Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:27 AM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,156
    • Points 23,140

Re: EDL Manager RED Footage * A serious program occurred.......

i too am getting a differiant error evey time i try to export i cannot even do a video mixdown mc 5 is buggier than preimer pro and i am only trying to export a 1 hr sd video

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:14 AM In reply to

johnsonjosh,

Make sure that you are running the right version of EDL Manager. That would be the version that ships with your installed version of MC. I would definitely try to uninstall/reinstall EDL Manager.

Avoid using Get Current Sequence. In my experience, that just won't always work. Opening the bin from EDL Manager is a "safer" method, IMHO.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:16 AM In reply to

tompearson, sorry, but how is your contribution on topic here?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:22 PM In reply to

Thanks for the tip. I was sure it would work, but unfortunately... it didn't

I uninstalled/reuninstalled twice. And yes it is the right version that shipped with our MC5 and I have been avoiding the Get Current Sequence

But Im still having the same error pop up. It just doesn't make sense that I can get a 20 min seuqence and not a 93 min sequence.

Filed under: , , ,
  • Fri, Oct 22 2010 11:31 AM In reply to

• ckmorrell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 22 2010
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

I think I've had a similar error before, I think it relates to one of the media files(like a title or a effect) being corrupted and Avid not liking it. When that error pops up I keep hitting continue 3 or 4 times then the EDL appears as normal, however when it occurs for me it is in an SD tape based project.

Hope this is useful.

• Fri, Oct 22 2010 12:37 PM In reply to

I would at least do a couple of tests and see if there is something funky in your sequence.  Try dividing it in half and seeing if either half works.  If it does, then you may need to divide and conquer to find the offending piece.

Also make sure that you have removed any matte keys or other non-EDL effects; that may help the situation as well.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Jul 13 2011 5:37 PM In reply to

• malzane
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 22 2009
    • Posts 18
    • Points 255

I'm getting this same error but we're still running 3.1.  Did anyone figure out a solution?  If I split my sequence into acts they will all open through EDL just fine, but once I string them back together I get the error again. Is there a way to stitch EDLs together if I make more than one?

Thanks!

MZ

• Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:45 AM In reply to

• jdcprd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 19
    • Points 245

It is an "event count error". I had the same error and when I did audio only and video only edls (load your preset before opeing the seq) the event count dropped below 1000 and all was right in the universe.

Unitl the next epic failure...

Media Composer 6.5.4.5 on OSX 10.8.5 MacPro3,1 - 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16 GB 800 MHz DDR2, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB graphics [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller