Latest post Tue, Aug 3 2010 7:13 AM by luca.mg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 3 2010 1:40 AM

• Getch
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 10 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 70

HELP 16:9 720P to 16:9 SD with CROP on Timeline in MC5

I'm not sure if this is already covered.  I must not be using the right keywords to find out how to do this but if someone knows and can help, I'm going to try to explain...

I have a bunch of footage from my 720P point and shoot cam.  I want to put a piece together for the internet and since my final output is only 400x225 I thought I could tighten some shots by cropping a lot of the extra frame without losing image quality with a zoom effect.  So is there a way to edit HD footage where you can select the part of the frame you want to use for the final small output?  What's the best way to do this?  Everything is 16x9 so there's no aspect conversion...or is there?  I don't know...

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Tue, Aug 3 2010 7:13 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,550
    • Points 65,100

Re: HELP 16:9 720P to 16:9 SD with CROP on Timeline in MC5

Do Your things in a full res project, when You're happy export a full res QuickTime ref file, open that file in an SD Avid project and use Avid FX to import the HDV QT ref into the SD frame, You can now Pan & scan the footage without losing quality; or else You can import the QT ref file into After Effects and and use that for final output.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller