Latest post Fri, Jul 30 2010 5:00 PM by Camilo. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:38 PM

• Camilo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 23 2010
    • Virginia
    • Posts 967
    • Points 12,140

AVID DVD Question

Ahhhh, I am getting so frustrated! LOL... Now that I have managed to stumble through my first edit project I am trying to put the footage on a DVD.  I am unable to import AVI files into AVID DVD, when I try it gets half way done and freezes up.  When I export as a QT movie file it will import the clip, but when I try to place it on the timeline the video track goes down and the program freezes.

I am running Win7 64bit, could that be the problem?  Does anyone have any idea as to how I can get this program to work?

As always thanks for your assistance!

SemperFi,

Camilo

Intel i7-980x Hexacore water cooled by Corsair H-50 on EVGA Classified 762 with 12Gigs RAM and Quadro FX3800 Video Card. Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium Sound... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:46 PM In reply to

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,850
    • Points 24,220

Re: AVID DVD Question

Do a Video Mixdown, I believe it is under the special menu, Put that on your timeline to replace the video, and do a QT reference file to use in Avid DVD.

Hope this helps,

Denny

Media Composer 8.5.4, BCC 10.0.0074, AvidDVD 6.4.4, Boris Red 5.5.2.1382, Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard with Intel 3930K Processor. 32 gigs DDR3 ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:56 PM In reply to

• Camilo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Virginia
    • Posts 967
    • Points 12,140

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  The video mix down worked!!!

SemperFi,

Camilo

Intel i7-980x Hexacore water cooled by Corsair H-50 on EVGA Classified 762 with 12Gigs RAM and Quadro FX3800 Video Card. Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium Sound... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 30 2010 12:10 AM In reply to

• Camilo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Virginia
    • Posts 967
    • Points 12,140

Well, everything was seeming to work, but every time I try to output the DVD the program stops working and shuts down...  Any ideas?

• Fri, Jul 30 2010 1:43 PM In reply to

• dmfreeman
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,850
    • Points 24,220

Camilo,

I would strongly suggest that you look at Douglas Bruce's tutorials on Avid DVD.  There is probably something in the program preferences that is not set correctly. That would be my first guess.  Seeing the tutorials will give you a familiarization of how the program works.  They are excellent.

Denny

Links to the tutorials are posted at the beginning of the MC for PC forum

Media Composer 8.5.4, BCC 10.0.0074, AvidDVD 6.4.4, Boris Red 5.5.2.1382, Asus P9X79 Pro Motherboard with Intel 3930K Processor. 32 gigs DDR3 ram, Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 30 2010 1:46 PM In reply to

Hi,

In addition to Denny's suggestions, you might also try to find another way around the problem.  For example, if you've got burning software (like Nero, for example) you might be able to make a DVD image from Avid DVD and use Nero to burn it.

I realize it's not an optimal solution, but it might work until you get the problem with Avid DVD figured out.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jul 30 2010 2:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,705
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Carl has a good point there Camilo.

However you don't need Nero as AvidDVD has the ability to burn DVDs and Blu-Rays from an image file or even a "Volume".
    I used to use Nero all the time for the final burning, until I noticed that AvidDVD could do it itself.

When you are at the "Burn" stage you can choose either To disk, To Image or To Volume.

The method which can often cause trouble is the To Disc .

In my Tutorials, as Denny mentioned,  you can find information on all of the methods.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 30 2010 5:00 PM In reply to

• Camilo
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Virginia
    • Posts 967
    • Points 12,140

Thank you all so much for your comments.  I have actually managed to get the program to work after reinstalling it - again. :-)  I always, at least 99.9% of the time burn the image then burn my DVD from that as you are correct problems often occur burning directly to disk.

As for the tutorials by Douglas, you have surely noticed an increase in bandwidth usage as I have been watching them non stop for the past week over and over again in many cases.  I thank you for and REALLY appreciate the effort you put into producing them to help us all learn MC5.

SemperFi,

Camilo

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller