Latest post Tue, Jul 13 2010 8:09 PM by spejampar. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 13 2010 8:09 PM

• spejampar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 3 2008
    • Evanston, IL
    • Posts 38
    • Points 460

HD footage in SD project using Boris

When using HD footage in an SD project, sometimes I want to zoom in but it would be great not to lose any quality.  I know I can do that in AE and then render it out and I've also seen this in the forums:

Start and HD project, capture the footage you want to resize at HD, if you are using HDV then transcode to DNxHD.

Open the shot you want in the source window and mark in/out the part you want. Then create a subclip of it by dragging it from the source window to the bin.  Then create a QT reference of that shot onto your desktop (or where ever).  Then switch the project over to 30i.  Now cut the shot you want into the timeline (this is just for a placeholder). Drop a Boris Red (or Avid FX or Boris FX) 1 input effect onto the shot.  Open the effect editor and open the Boris interface.  In the Boris timeline click on the V1 icon to change track media to Movie File. Navigate to the QT reference you created and choose it.  Then when it comes into Boris it will still be HD size. You can now pan and scan it all you want without losing resoluton.  Hit apply to return to the avid timeline and render. 

I was able to open up Avid FX and sort of do it but it's not user friendly like AE.  I'd like to try it in Boris but the thing above says to open up the boris interface.  I haven't used Boris much so I'm a little confused on how to do this.  I did a little research and it looks like there might not be a boris interface anymore so all the effects can be done right in the avid.  Is this true? If so, how do I do this "HD footage in SD project" thing?  

Also, is there a way to do this using AMA since it directly links to the footage?

Filed under: , , , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller