Latest post Sun, Apr 15 2012 2:15 AM by retrorotary1. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:11 PM

Help! Audio problem on free trial MC - 5

Just downloaded media composer 5 free trial, audio works on footage brought into the left window but when put on to the timeline you cant hear anything coming through the right window, ive checked everything that would normally cause this on an earlier media composer i have used but still cant get the audio, is this just because its a free trial so for some reason they have disabled the audio?? after exporting the project you can hear audio when the project piece is a movie file on your desktop,

any help would be appreciated, cheers

Filed under: , , , , , , ,
  • Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:26 PM In reply to

Re: HELP! AUDIO PROBLEM ON FREE TRIAL M.C - 5

Hi,

If you can hear audio out of the source/left side, you should be able to hear it out of the record/right side.  Are the audio monitors on the timeline turned on?  When you play the sequence in the timeline, do you see the audio meters moving?

It might help to post a screen shot so we can see what your configuration looks like.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:27 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Help! Audio problem on free trial MC - 5

Nope, the trial is a full version so it should work. Could you please open the audio mix too and grab a screen shot of it along with your timeline so that we can take a look?

Thanks,

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:29 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Since Carl and I are in sync this morning, he may ask this too but, could you please go to your Settings tab and open up the audio project settings?

Does the sample rate for your project match that of the clips you are using?

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:10 PM In reply to

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im sure theres something really obvious im not doing

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:12 PM In reply to

i couldnt find the project window thing sorry, and yes there is no audio meter bars moving, if you cant see that picture properly heres the link http://yfrog.com/49avidpscreenp

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:22 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee

Hi Jack,

You have no Audio monitors turned on. See the boxes directly to the right of the A1, A2 buttons? Turn those on and you should be good to go.

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 8:25 PM In reply to

yeah thats the first thing i tried to do but when i click them nothing happens, they dont change, could there be some setting i need to change?

• Mon, Jun 28 2010 8:43 PM In reply to

just opened up a new project and the audio is working now, but still wont work in the original project i started up, cant see why?

• Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:01 PM In reply to

• CornerstoneCAMS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 19 2010
    • Grand Rapids, MI
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

I'm having the same problem here.  The monitor boxes won't do anything when I click on them.  The audio levels never move when I play from the timeline.  Did you ever find a solution to the problem you had?

Running MC 8.1 on Windows 7, Intel Core i5 @ 2.30Ghz, 4.0Gb DDR3 RAM, nVidia NVS 4200M [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:03 PM In reply to

Hi,

Just in case the original poster never comes back, go to the Project Window > Settings Tab > Audio Project Settings > Main tab and tell us what your project's sample rate is and how it compares to the sample rate of your captured clips.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.2 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:08 PM In reply to

• CornerstoneCAMS
    • Not Ranked
    • Grand Rapids, MI
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Thanks for the reply camoscato.

The sample rate for the project is 48kHz and the clips are 48kHz as well.

The project was working fine one minute, then the next, the audio cut out...  Any other ideas?

Running MC 8.1 on Windows 7, Intel Core i5 @ 2.30Ghz, 4.0Gb DDR3 RAM, nVidia NVS 4200M [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:24 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,162
    • Points 23,190

what sound card are you using??

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:41 PM In reply to

• CornerstoneCAMS
    • Not Ranked
    • Grand Rapids, MI
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Speccy tells me that it's a Realtk High Definition Audio.

The computer itself is an HP xw4600 Workstation - which I believe is built exactly to Avid specs.  MC5 doesn't need a higher sound card does it?

• Sat, Aug 21 2010 12:46 AM In reply to

• wkumingo
    • Not Ranked
    • Chicago
    • Posts 172
    • Points 2,380

jackpearce:

audio works on footage brought into the left window but when put on to the timeline you cant hear anything coming through the right window,

I just ran into this same exact problem today after I added a stereo mixdown track to my timeline. This must be bug. Here's two ways that should workaround it (as it did for me):

1. Open the Audio Mixer, right-click on the problem track(s) and choose "Enable Track Monitoring."

or, 2. In the Timeline, click the arrow to expand the "Track Control Panel." (Track Control Panel is a new v5 feature that will expand the area to the right of the V1, A1, A2, A3, etc track selectors in the timeline, enabling access to RTAS and other features. The arrow is above the track selectors, just to the right of the timecode display.) On the Track Control Panel, there's a little icon that looks like a power button on each audio track. Click on the power icon and your tracks will be enabled as they should have been in the first place.

Hope that does the trick.

w

Self-built -- Always current MC version with AJA KONA 1 card OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, System: X99 Motherboard, Core i7-6850K, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB RAM... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller