Latest post Thu, Jun 17 2010 3:18 PM by Sef. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 16 2010 2:47 PM

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Maarssen, The Netherlands
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,650

Video and audio tracks of captured movie

For reasons of stupidity, I have deleted all audio from track A1 and A2. The reason was a tremendous OOS after stupid Add Edits in V1, deleting parts of the video track withoud adjusting the audio tracks A1 and A2. As I said: stupid.

Is it possible to add the audio tracks A1 and A2 again from the clip in the bin, without replacing the video track V1?

MC6.0.5, QT version 7.7.3, AvidFX 6.2(64bit), Squeeze Pro 8.5.0.41, AvidDVD 6.4.4 (still in my system, but I don't use it anymore), Boris Continuum... [view my complete system specs]

• Wed, Jun 16 2010 2:48 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Video and audio tracks of captured movie

Sef, just go to your Attic and open a version of the file before you did the deletion.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Wed, Jun 16 2010 3:56 PM In reply to

Sef:
    Is it possible to add the audio tracks A1 and A2 again from the clip in the bin, without replacing the video track V1?

Yes, of course.  You just de-activate the tracks you don't want affected and edit them in, you likely want an Overwrite as you'll be overwriting filler on the audio tracks.  

Wouldn't be much of an NLE if you couldn't add/replace/change something on one track without also affecting something on another.  

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Jun 16 2010 4:18 PM In reply to

And use the match frame function on the first video frame to automatically load your original clip with video and audio in perfect sync with picture, then do as Kenton says.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Wed, Jun 16 2010 5:32 PM In reply to

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,650

All guys: thanks. I will try some of the suggestions. Larry's one sound the best, but I have to study on the framematch...

MC6.0.5, QT version 7.7.3, AvidFX 6.2(64bit), Squeeze Pro 8.5.0.41, AvidDVD 6.4.4 (still in my system, but I don't use it anymore), Boris Continuum... [view my complete system specs]

• Thu, Jun 17 2010 3:18 PM In reply to

• Sef
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 1,008
    • Points 13,650

This is a tremendous good tip: Match frame.

For all separated clips on V1 I did this and it re-created the complete TL.

This would be something for Douglas to spend a tutorial on this issue.

Tip:

make the A1 and A2 active. Click on the V1 track and click Match Frame.

Then position the cursor at the point where you want the audio added.

In the Source window load the clip. Then press V key to add the audio to A1 and A2. It will add the whole audio from the clip, starting from the position on the TL.

Splendid.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller