Latest post Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:32 PM by jakeheat. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 14 2010 9:26 PM

AMA featuring QuickTime - Avid Media Composer 5 Overview

Avid Media Access (AMA) allows editors to directly and instantly access file-based media right from the sources. Learn the basics of AMA in Media Composer 5 in this brief overview video.

Upgrade to Media Composer 5 today.

• Mon, Aug 16 2010 8:19 PM In reply to

• editoris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 13 2010
    • Posts 17
    • Points 235

Re: AMA featuring QuickTime - Avid Media Composer 5 Overview

That's great but how do I export an OMF or AAF file from an AMA Sequence.  ? Am I missing something?  or is that something you can't do. That would be a big problem when trying to work in the real world.

thanks

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 2:28 AM In reply to

• nymills
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New York City
    • Posts 313
    • Points 4,465

I second this!!!! I am trying desperately to export an AMA sequence. I've transcoded and consolidated and keep running into issues that cannot be resolved. I cannot get the AMA sequence out of my system and my clients are getting really upset. Does anyone have a solution or workflow other than mix-down? What happen to import>create sequence>export via QTR to Sorenson or some other encoder? It was slick, fast and made clients VERY HAPPY! Love my Avid system and been with them for more than 12 years, but if I suddenly can't get the projects out, then I'll go bankrupt using Avid.

Any helps would be great!!

Windows 7 64Bit MC 2018.5 HP ZBook 15 G2 32GB Ram 250 GB System Drive 2 TB Internal Media 20 GB Raid Array [view my complete system specs]

Michael Mills
    TeleStory Pictures
    www.telestorypictures.com
    "Some people see things and say,'Why?' I dream things that never were; and say,'Why not?'"

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 5:59 PM In reply to

• editoris
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 13 2010
    • Posts 17
    • Points 235

Here is a Suggestion.....Try Consolidating your Sequence to another drive. Use the Avid DNxHD 175 MXF setting.  This will make MXF Media from your AMA footage on a different drive. In consolidate, check make new sequence.

Then Take the new sequence which should be MXF MEDIA and export a quicktime with the h.264 Codec. THIS WORKS

If it's got to go to protools you can use this method to prep an AAF (only after consolidate) with embedded audio only. And then can make a mixdown or QT for reference

.......If you are in my shoes and have to link the HD Quicktimes back to the clients company Final CUT System, you're out of luck. But WORD...they're working on it....

Good LUCK....

• Sun, Aug 22 2010 8:32 PM In reply to

• jakeheat
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Sep 3 2006
    • London
    • Posts 491
    • Points 5,905

editoris:
    Try Consolidating your Sequence to another drive. Use the Avid DNxHD 175 MXF setting.  This will make MXF Media from your AMA footage on a different drive. In consolidate, check make new sequence
    This is what I do. AMA is great for getting stuff in, but not for getting it out. I tend to transcode my rushes overnight.
    Media Composer 2018.9 MacPro 6 core - 32 GB RAM - OS:10.13.6 3.33Ghz iMacs, Macbook Pros. BM, AJA, Matrox After Effects, etc [view my complete system specs]

@jaketheeditor 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller