Latest post Tue, Jun 8 2010 8:26 AM by mjolnarn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 7 2010 8:32 AM

• flaps15
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 7 2006
    • Lancaster UK
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,700

Help with Export settings please

Hello,

I'm just cutting my first piece with MC 4.05 . I'm using HDV material on an Imac which I caoptured via the capture tool. I was trying to export a sequence as a QT movie file so that I can burn it to DVD (yes I know it will SD) using iDVD. The timeline is very simple, the video with its two stereo audio tracks beneath it and a music track beneath that.

I went to the export menu and quite honestly was blown away by the amount of choice there. I tried using the Avid dv codec, (I think, it was Saturday night!) which produced sound but a jerky picture interspersed with black, and then an Mpeg 4 version at medium quality , which was awfull as well as the sound being out of sync.

I realise that there are some issues with Long GOP material, should I be mixing this down first as well?

Thanks

Dave

Imac 27 i5, lacie 1TB firewire 800 drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 7 2010 8:54 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: Help with Export settings please

Hi Dave, about Macs and Dvd - Bd creation, I have some findings here.

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/81372.aspx

Just follow Douglas tutorials about dvd creation and how to do qt ref export out of Media Composer, a mixdown to a correct codec will always work, if you are rendering to a correct codec, you might even be able to do it without any Video mixdowns.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Tue, Jun 8 2010 8:23 AM In reply to

• flaps15
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 7 2006
    • Lancaster UK
    • Posts 202
    • Points 2,700

Thanks Tomas,

what I was after was some guidance about what might be the best codecs to use. There are lots of them in the list.

Cheers

Dave

Imac 27 i5, lacie 1TB firewire 800 drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 8 2010 8:26 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Hi Dave, just transcode your hdv sequense to DNxHD and export as a QT ref, standard Avid workflows

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller