Latest post Wed, Jun 2 2010 7:39 PM by Bill Owens. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:21 PM

• Bill Owens
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 2 2010
    • Greenville, SC
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Sample Project Offline

After installing MC, I tried to active the Sample Project. I was able to load it but, when scrolling the timeline, I get the "OFFLINE" message in the monitor window. What am I doing wrong?

I searched the data base and found no answers. I also tried to to relink the files to no avail.

Thanks fo your help.

Bill

ntel® Core™ i7 920 2.66GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor; Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English; Single 1.8GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260;... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Re: Sample Project Offline

Have you put the media for the Sample Project in the right place?  

Avid media must always reside in either a folder named OMFI MediaFiles (if you're using OMF media type) or it must be in Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1 (if you're using MXF media type)

The OMFI and Avid MediaFiles folders must live at the root level of the hard drive where you've stored them.  They can not be in any subfolders.  

There are some other basic things you should know regarding Avid media files etc, but I don't want to overwhelm you right now.

It's been a while since I've looked at the sample project, but shouldn't it have come with some instructions on where to put what etc?

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:44 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Make sure you read the install instructions for the sample project carefully. You probably need to change the file folder permissions on your system for MC to see the project. It installs in its own folder on your system drive and you have no control over that. Once you set the file permissions and restart MC you should be good to go.

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 7:39 PM In reply to

• Bill Owens
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 2 2010
    • Greenville, SC
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thanks for the replies. I had already done as you two have instructed before appealing to the forum.

I will go back over the process. Perhaps I missed something.

ntel® Core™ i7 920 2.66GHz (8MB Cache) Quad Core Processor; Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English; Single 1.8GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 260;... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller