Latest post Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:07 AM by BobbyMurcerFan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 30 2010 9:54 PM

• Mike Shaw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Kent, United Kingdom
    • Posts 1,424
    • Points 19,730

Marquee manual

Having done a pretty comprehensive search, I'm fairly sure the answer is 'no', but I ask anyway just in case ...

Is there a printed, hard copy version of the Marquee manual?

I know I have it as a pdf, but I'd really like a hard copy - matching the other two Manuals.  Printing it out on my printer with its expensive inks (ugh!  Epson! - and I don't go for substitute inks) will cost a fortune.

Maybe if I had a dual page printer...

MC6.0.3.2 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2 MB, Intel i7-950 3.06Ghz, 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM, 1x500GB, 3x1TB HDrives, 2+1TB Network drives, nVidia Quadro FX1800... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 31 2010 12:54 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Marquee manual

Mike Shaw:
    Having done a pretty comprehensive search, I'm fairly sure the answer is 'no', but I ask anyway just in case ...

Hello Mike,

I think you are correct in assuming "No"

Mike Shaw:
    Maybe if I had a dual page printer...

C'mon, even you can figure out that it takes the same amount of ink!

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, May 31 2010 10:31 AM In reply to

• Mike Shaw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Kent, United Kingdom
    • Posts 1,424
    • Points 19,730

Big Smile

Yes - I'm afraid my brain was thinking way ahead on that one - about printing on both sides of the paper without having to re-insert the first side for re-printing (which ALWAYS ends up a disaster when I do that on my printer, with pages totally out of sequence because some pages miss being printed - Sad).

Looking at the price of purchasing the DVD Tutorial for Marquee (£70 over here) - which I presume is the same as the one available for viewing (freely) on line, my guess is that buying a manual would be comparable to spending the money on inks (about £45-£50 for the number of pages, using my current printer).

So I may bite the bullet.

It is an unbelievably capable titler, and it would be silly not to know how to use it properly - even for 'simple' titles. 

MC6.0.3.2 Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev2 MB, Intel i7-950 3.06Ghz, 12GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM, 1x500GB, 3x1TB HDrives, 2+1TB Network drives, nVidia Quadro FX1800... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:26 AM In reply to

• VE7AXO
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 8 2005
    • North Vancouver, BC, Canada
    • Posts 352
    • Points 4,550

Mike,

Have you looked at the free Avid tutorials on this page (http://learn.avid.com/content/tutorials/)?  The one for Marquee is the eighth one down, three below the Media Composer Tutorials.

Those tutorials are done quite well and I have been following the MC ones along with Douglas' excellent 202 tutorials.  I am still working on getting my teeth sunk into MC and have not gone through the Marquee ones, but they look good at first glance.

Igor

Media Composer 6.5 (software) Mobo: ASUS P9X79 PRO, CPU: Intel i7-3930K (six core), Memory: 32 GB DDR3, Graphics: nVIDIA Quadro 2000D with 1 GB GDDR5... [view my complete system specs]

Igor

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 9:27 AM In reply to

• Mike Shaw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Kent, United Kingdom
    • Posts 1,424
    • Points 19,730

Hi Igor - Yes - I have worked all the way through that tutorial (and some of the others).  And it is absolutely excellent - and seems to be a 'live' version of the first three chapters of the pdf User Guide. Very well put together, clear, straightforward and very easy to follow.   My problem though is that my Editing PC is not connected to the Internet - so I have to watch it on one machine and then switch to the other (I could set a laptop up I suppose...).  Anyway, I have followed those tutorials, but of course, they're just an introduction to Marquee's amazing capabilities, and I would really like to read the manual away from the PC, or have it on hand as a hard copy when working on Marquee - like having the MC Manual on hand to quickly look things up.  I prefer that to having an on screen display - I can 'tab' pages for reading up later.

I must say the deeper one delves into MC and its component parts, the more like Aladin's cave it all becomes.  The one thing I haven't had more than a passing glance at yet is Sorenson - I had a quick look and decided,      maybe another time!   

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 10:07 AM In reply to

• DylanReeve
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 1,677
    • Points 20,445
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

I think there may have been a printed Marquee once, one of my co-workers insists he has one somewhere (and keeps assuring me he will find it) - but I've never seen one.

HP Workstations with MC 8.4 64TB EditShare XStream Storage [view my complete system specs]

Dylan Reeve - Edit Geek // Online/Offline Editor // Post Production Supervisor
    Auckland, New Zealand

• Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:07 AM In reply to

Mike Shaw:

I must say the deeper one delves into MC and its component parts, the more like Aladin's cave it all becomes.  The one thing I haven't had more than a passing glance at yet is Sorenson - I had a quick look and decided,      maybe another time!

Tell me about it. I've been going over a tutorial by Boris for AvidFX/Boris Red. I watch, work on it for about an hour, and then head feels like it's about to explode. As for Sorenson, Ive been using TMPGEnc and so have only touch Squeeze (sounds lewd, LOL) a few times. And AvidDVD (or whatever it's called) I've been using Sony's DVD Architect that came w/ Vegas.

There are only so many programs I can learn :(.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller