Latest post Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:19 AM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:09 AM

Video Effect for visibly changing aspect ratio?

Is there an effect that can change the aspect ratio of a clip from, say 4:3 to 2.35:1, in the middle of the clip?  So that it would visibly happen in the middle of the clip?  Essentially, I want to have black bars slide in from the top and bottom of the frame to change the aspect ratio mid-shot.  What would be the best process for doing this?

Thanks!

• Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:19 AM In reply to

Re: Video Effect for visibly changing aspect ratio?

Hi,

I'd add an edit where you want to change the aspect ratio, then add a Resize effect to the second half of the clip and resize it however you like.  You'd use keyframes toward the beginning of the effect to make the black slide in over whatever time period you want.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller