Latest post Fri, Mar 26 2010 12:47 PM by Andy_AK. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 26 2010 11:53 AM

• Andy_AK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • St Albans, UK
    • Posts 119
    • Points 1,560

Software bundle and Windows 7

Is it known at present whether the applications in the software bundle that comes with MC4 are compatible with windows 7?  Does the current work being done by Avid regarding windows 7 include checking the compatibility of these applications? Just wondered whether once MC is given the go ahead with W7 we will still have potential issues with the bundled apps - and thus whether it is better to go with Vista business 64 rather than Windows 7 professional in the short run.

Thanks

Andy

Intel i7 950,12GB DDR3 RAM (1600),AsusP6TDdeluxe, Nvidia Quadro FX1800,Sys 500GB WD Black (Win 7 Prof), Video/export HDD-3x1TB Samsung F3, Media/Music... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 26 2010 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: Software bundle and Windows 7

Andy_AK:
    Just wondered whether once MC is given the go ahead with W7 we will still have potential issues with the bundled apps - and thus whether it is better to go with Vista business 64 rather than Windows 7 professional in the short run.

I'm sure that all of those kind of compatibility issues will have been worked through and resolved before the team certifies Windows 7, to avoid having the Community coming back at them and howling at the moon. But in the meantime, you can't go wrong by installing either Vista Business 64 or Ultimate 64. Users who have are extremely pleased with the performance improvements they've seen.

Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Fri, Mar 26 2010 12:47 PM In reply to

• Andy_AK
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • St Albans, UK
    • Posts 119
    • Points 1,560

Re: Software bundle and Windows 7

Thanks for the quick reply Larry. I think I'll wait a few weeks to see what happens at NAB and then make a decision.

Cheers

Andy

Intel i7 950,12GB DDR3 RAM (1600),AsusP6TDdeluxe, Nvidia Quadro FX1800,Sys 500GB WD Black (Win 7 Prof), Video/export HDD-3x1TB Samsung F3, Media/Music... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller