Latest post Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:54 AM by Ra-ey Saleh. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 25 2010 9:40 PM

Tutorial: Cool Headline and Document Pan and Zoom Effect with Boris Red

Learn how to give your 2D headlines and Documents the 3D treatment with Depth of Field and lighting! Hope you enjoy this Boris Red and Avid tutorial.

Docuement Scan Move Still

http://bit.ly/c03P3R

and be sure and follow me on twitter

http://www.twitter.com/redarrowryan

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 25 2010 10:01 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,334
    • Points 60,240
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Tutorial: Cool Headline and Document Pan and Zoom Effect with Boris Red

For the "uninitiated," Boris Red is included with Media Composer box set; repackaged as Avid FX. Smile

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:37 PM In reply to

Ryan, another gem - is that 3 in one week?  And I get a mention, can't be bad.

It's intersting how AvidFX and BorisRed differ - some of the tools are different, and the Blend doesn't seem to have anywhere near the impact that yours does.  Managed to Blend more using other parameters though.

Think I also might experiement a little more myself - maybe with lights!

Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:20 AM In reply to

Scratch the Lights, still a nightmare and after a while the Composite window stops updating and you have to keep jumping in and out of AvidFX/Avid to see the results.

You had it right Ryan!

Ra-ey

ps.  Does anyone know of an easy way to adjust Slider values in the control window?  As in, say you have 100 as a value and you just want to go up a a few points.  Right now I have to type in the exact figure - which you might not know - or use the slider, which sticks and goes up way too much.  What if you just want to go up in smaller increments.  According to the Help, you can only use modifier keys on the wheels parameters to do this...

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:42 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Ra-ey Saleh:
    Does anyone know of an easy way to adjust Slider values in the control window

Ra-ey,
    I am fighting with my problem boot drive just now, but I wonder if you cannot just do as follows:

"activate" the slider by clicking it, then use the up and down arrows (or is it the left and right arrows) on your keyboard.
    That should give you an increment of 0.1 at every click

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Feb 26 2010 12:51 AM In reply to

And there you go...

I'd tried the Left and Right Arrows, but not the Up and Down, which of course makes way more sense.

Schoolboy Errors...

Ra-ey ;-)

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:07 AM In reply to

• gumbycat99
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 6 2008
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 587
    • Points 7,000

OMG! You made a great looking vignette without a hard edge! That could be the most useful tutorial I've seen in ages (and I've seen a lot of useful tutorials round here in the last couple of years!)

Thanks.

Campbell

8.5 on a mongrel PC, Win 7, QT7.5, Nvidia GTX 970, 16Gb RAM, SSD, NAS for raw media and a Macbook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:32 PM In reply to

Campbell-  Glad you like it. it took me a long time to figure that trick out. I was never happy at all with the pixel chooser in the Color Correction Filtier.

Ra-ey- I'm out of the office for most of the day, but if you can't use the sliders to get enough "blend", then you can manually type in a higher number than the sliders will allow. That might get you enough "blend" to look good.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 1 2010 1:54 AM In reply to

Ryan, I forgot about that trick - I still find it kind of bizarre, but at least it works.

Cheers.

Ra-ey

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller