Latest post Wed, Mar 17 2010 4:36 PM by Doug Dillon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 24 2010 8:58 PM

Tutorial: "Kid Stays in the Picture" effect with Boris Red and Avid

Ok. Here's the famous "Kid Stays in the Picture" multi-layer still photo effect created using Photoshop, Boris Red and the Avid. At the end of the tutorial I show how to accomplish this with only using Boris Red and the Avid.

http://bit.ly/aCNDf1

Be sure and follow me on twitter to get the latest updates to the Red Arrow Industries Blog.

http://www.twitter.com/redarrowryan

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:19 PM In reply to

Re: Tutorial: "Kid Stays in the Picture" effect with Boris Red and Avid

Excellent, Ryan.  I found the latter part all the more interesting as it dealt with "nesting" in Boris for want of a better word.  Something I still find a little hit and miss.  But really cool how you showed both methods.  Thanks again.

Hope you do the "Document in 3D Space" before you get busy as work!  It reminds me slightly of a question I posed a while back where I wanted to light, distort slightly and move over an imported Hi-Res image as if the camera was swooping over it (see Still).  Although I wanted to light this better (so the 'falloff' was more realistic).

I saw this done in Lightwave years ago for a show about headlines and thought it would be possible in Boris, but could never get the warping on the still to look quite right, and the lights drove me insane!  This would be my suggestion for a tutotial.

Really enjoying them, Ryan.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:29 PM In reply to

I'll see what I can do. I can probably knock that out tomorrow.

thanks.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 24 2010 10:39 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Thank you, Ryan

That explained a lot of stuff that has had me confused before.
    Excellent tutorial!

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 25 2010 9:44 PM In reply to

Ra-ey-  Here ya go

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/80691.aspx

Douglas-  No thank you.

ryan

• Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:37 PM In reply to

Thanks!  replied back on that thread.

Ra-ey

Symphony Nitris v7, Media Composer v7, Artist Color, ISIS v4.1, Unity MediaNetwork v5.4, Sapphire v6.1, Boris Continuum Complete v8.1.1, AvidFX... [view my complete system specs]

Media Composer 6 Certified User

Media Composer 6 Certified Professional

ra-eysaleh.com

LinkedIn

Showreel

• Wed, Mar 17 2010 4:36 PM In reply to

• Doug Dillon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 5 2006
    • Springfield, IL. USA
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hey Ryan,

I have seen this effect often but never could figure out on my own how to do it. Excellent tutorial.

Thanks,

Doug Dillon

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller