Latest post Thu, Jan 14 2010 6:55 PM by jtone. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:16 PM

• jtone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 13 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Paste entry to entire column in a bin?

Hi forum,

I could be dreaming this, but I swear I once found a way to paste a single value to an entire column in a bin, without having to go clip by clip.  So for example: say that I hypothetically have a bin with about 60 music tracks in it, and in my "Description" column I want it to say "Wednesday" next to every clip.  How can I do that without pasting the word in the "Description" column next to every clip?

thx for your help team

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Thu, Jan 14 2010 4:04 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: Paste entry to entire column in a bin?

Yep. I have to relearn this every time I do it.

I think you just select all the clips you want to change, hover over the column and right click. You then get a dialog something akin to "Modify Column". You select that and follow the dialog to enter the info into the column.

Let em know if that helps. If not, I'll go to a system and give you a better recipe.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Thu, Jan 14 2010 4:07 PM In reply to

What Todd said: Select all clips in the bin. Right-click or CTRL-click on the place in the bin where the entry for the clips should be and choose "Set Column XYZ for selected clips".

http://editingstandards.blogspot.com/2008/01/avid-data-entry-tip.html

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 14 2010 6:55 PM In reply to

• jtone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 13 2010
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

You, sirs or madams, are champions among people.  Thank you both very much!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller