Latest post Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:06 AM by Benoît GODARD. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jan 5 2010 7:10 PM

• LPG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 9 2005
    • Venice, CA
    • Posts 116
    • Points 1,430

Importing XDCAM to Avid Unity MediaNetwork

Hi All,

I'm having trouble importing to a Unity network drive. The clips from the XDCAM deck that are larger than 10 minutes long fail to import, throwing this error:

Exception: std::exception, what:[MainThread] Threads::SendThreadMessage: Thread message queue full XDCAMMPEG4Processor FifoSpaceAvail

I've tried both mirrored and unmirrored drives. Clips that are shorter than 10 minutes import fine. All the media will import without problems to my local hard drive. Can someone please help?

System:
    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Avid Media Composer 3.5.4.5430
    Nitris DX Box

Avid Unity MediaNetwork 5 with an 8 TB MediaEngine (16 x 500 GB Drives)

-LPG

• Thu, Jan 7 2010 8:13 AM In reply to

• biennarc100907
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 15 2009
    • Kingdom of Bahrain
    • Posts 87
    • Points 1,065

Re: Importing XDCAM to Avid Unity MediaNetwork

I encountered the same problem before but I can't remember the error message and I was importing a different format, XDCAM EX footage. The problem was the long source folder names where the EX files were located. Try renaming your folder names shorter. It might be a solution.

Avid Media Composer 5.5 Avid Unity MediaNetwork DELL T5400 3.16 Quad Core Intel Xeon 4gb ram Macbook Pro 2.96 4gb ram iMac 2.6 2gb ram [view my complete system specs]

Mario Biennarc Sioco
    Manager, Post Production

Gulf Broadcast
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    mario@gulfbroadcast.tv
    http://gulfbroadcast.tv

• Thu, Mar 3 2011 3:50 PM In reply to

• skleinbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Hi,

Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same issue. Our source folder names are not too long and we are also getting the problem trying to import from the C: drive.

Additionally, the files will import fine from an external USB or FW drive, but the same file throws the error if importing from shared storage or the c drive.

-scott

• Tue, Mar 29 2011 11:32 PM In reply to

• jdw
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 363
    • Points 4,435

This might be a different issue, but we are getting frozen picture when writing XDCAM files from XDCAM Transfer onto ISIS volumes.  The Quicktime video from XDCAM Transfer freezes around 30 seconds, but the audio keeps going.

MC 2018.9 OS 10.13.6 ISIS 7000 (2018.6.1) [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 6 2011 12:10 PM In reply to

• tenorsax2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 30 2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 43
    • Points 545

Concerning the 10 minutes problem: I had a similar problem, but I think my solution will not apply to your Unity environment. I could not import XDCAM HD 422 files longer than 6 minutes onto an external hard drive. The reason was that it was FAT32 formatted which does not allow files larger than 2 GB. But on the unity, you should not have such a problem.

And the other problem where importing succeeds from disc and not from local drives: Assure that the path to the file on the local disk does not contain spaces or other special characters. When I tried this, I got the message "cannot import a file of this type".

• Mon, Aug 29 2011 2:58 PM In reply to

jdw:
    This might be a different issue, but we are getting frozen picture when writing XDCAM files from XDCAM Transfer onto ISIS volumes.  The Quicktime video from XDCAM Transfer freezes around 30 seconds, but the audio keeps going.

Anyone got a solution for this?

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 6 2011 10:19 AM In reply to

• dbiok
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 19 2010
    • Germany
    • Posts 43
    • Points 515

Hi,

i can't really help but: with the old version of MC (prior 4.0) we ran into lot of trouble concerning XDCam (90-95% of our Footage is XDCam) With 4.x a lot of problems are gone, but still bugs there. With the 5.x (we are running 5.0.4) we never had issues again with XDCam, XDCamHD, XDCam2AMA, from U1, from PDW1500... No problems.

So maybe, if you're working with lots of XDCam Footage, it is worth to upgrade your MC license, or even try out the Demo of the 5.x Version (i think there is one).

so long & thx

dbiok

[3x MediaComposer 2018.7 @ NitrisDX || HP Z800 Workstation (Dual XEON X5570) || Win10 64Bit] - [1x Symphony 2018.7 @ NitrisDX || HP Z800 Workstation (Dual... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:57 PM In reply to

I have the same problem... Import xdcam footage onto isis 5000 : QuickTime files are corrupt, frozen image, black, no sound... Anyone got a solution for this? Thanks a lot

• Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:51 PM In reply to

I am trying different configuration and settings and yet have found a workaround.

For now, creating the QT locally then moving to ISIS or moving the files to ISIS first (thus removing the external drive out of the equation) fixes it.

Basically, the bug occurs with

XDCAM/P2 media in external drive (USB, firewire, etc) + OS X application + output to ISIS = corrupt file

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:06 AM In reply to

Hi,

thanks for your response.

For now, I import my XDCAM footage locally and I transfer onto ISIS... but it's not flexible...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller