Latest post Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:56 PM by DRW. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:28 PM

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 9 2005
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Several problems with 4.04

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted anything, but we just installed a new Nitris DX, and the problems have begun.  

At the moment I am working with finished timelines that were completed on an HD Adrenaline v2.8.  When opened in the new 4.04 Nitris, I get the Colour Correct Promotion dialogue.  The problem is that performance is brutally slow, render times have at least quadrupled and exporting a 4 min sequence (same as source) is taking about an hour (so far).

I have also received this error:  SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT, which I have found on the forums to be related to media files, but it seems the problems others have encountered are with Quicktimes, or with DNX 36, neither of which I am using.  I am using DNxHD 145 media all captured with the aforementioned Adrenaline 2.8.  It does appear that the upgraded Adrenaline box handles the promoted CC effects better.

Can anyone confirm that they are having or have had the same or similar problems, and what if any solutions were found?

Thanks very much in advance.

=DRW

iMac, 27", 3.4GHz i5, 24 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 570 [view my complete system specs]

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:44 PM In reply to

• Jayanta
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 6 2007
    • India
    • Posts 1,504
    • Points 16,255

Re: Several problems with 4.04

What is your QT Version?

All Sorts of System as I am a freelance Editor [view my complete system specs]

"Out of mud the lovely Lotus Blooms, Out of Strife something higher vies "

• Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:51 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Also, what type of storage are you using? If it's ATTO attached, there are firmware and driver upgrades that must be done.

Basically, we need more Hardware and software config info.....

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:06 PM In reply to

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

QT is v 7.6.4 and Nvidia Driver is 190.38, which according to knowledge base is correct.  

Using Terrablock shared storage, connected via fibre channel to ATTO card.  I was not aware of the firmware updates, etc, as the install and upgrades were done by my reseller, as a paid service.

Both Adrenaline and Nitris running v4.04.  Capture and playback of new material seems to work, and playback of previously captured material seems to work, it's when I have to playback sequences with effects and CC.  Are there known issues working with previous generation sequences, that there are work arounds for?  I'm hoping that I can at least muddle through with this stuff and when I start creating new projects with all new captured material, all will be well.

Thanks for the input so far.

=D

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:43 PM In reply to

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Hey BLKDOG,

Can you tell me how I can verify if the firmware updates have been done correctly?  Now I am having great difficulty even just capturing a clip.  I am receiving video overrun errors and lack of progress errors.  It is starting to sound like a hard drive issue.

THX

=DRW

1-800-IMRENDERING

• Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:48 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Yup. HD, Video card or Some sort of issue in the drive chain. Check properties for the ATTO card and tell us what the firmware rev and driver version are. Your read me has the versions listed you should be using.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,079
    • Points 216,495
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

DRW

A good place to check ( Blkdog asked me to post this so sorry it took a bit) is in the following KB article

ATTO Drivers and Firmware for Media Composer and Symphony 4.0.4 and Newscutter 8.0.4 Located here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/LegacySearch?DocId=346439&Hilite=firmware+abd+driver+updates+for+MC

Let me know if you have any questions - I should be online all day tomorrow. Marianna
    Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:56 PM In reply to

• DRW
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • TORONTO
    • Posts 571
    • Points 6,950

Thanks very much for the info.  I was able to confirm a few things:  that I did in fact have the correct Atto Drivers installed, thanks for the link, that the Atto configuration had gone a bit wonky and has been corrected, and that one of the drive bays in my Terrablock chassis is frying drives.  So that is a problem that I am hoping to have corrected by a service call.

Thanks so very much for the help.

=DRW

1-800-IMRENDERING

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller