Latest post Fri, Jun 15 2018 6:18 AM by jfandl. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 2 2009 3:05 PM

A tiny hand in the timeline instead of the cursor?! - No buttons work!!

Hi there,

I seem to have a tiny hand in my timeline (has replaced the cursor) and none of the buttons/tools on screen work?? Even shortcuts are messed up? Does anyone know why this has happened and how I can get back to the original arrow cursor with normal commands! I think I must have accidently knocked a key - it just came on again and then went as I pressed other keys in a rush. I had to delete my previous project however to get rid of it! Some help here would be much appreciated! Not really in to this deleting project lark! Thanks!

• Wed, Dec 2 2009 3:34 PM In reply to

Re: A tiny hand in the timeline instead of the cursor?! - No buttons work!!

Hi,

Are you in segment mode (red or yellow arrow at bottom of timeline selected)?  if not, maybe just selecting the Source/Record toolset will get you back to where you need to be.  That's what I'd try first.

good luck,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Dec 2 2009 3:39 PM In reply to

Yeah tried that but no luck:(

Everytime I click on a button/tool it errors: 'that button can't be changed'.

Any other ideas by any chance?

• Wed, Dec 2 2009 3:46 PM In reply to

• Neil J
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 576
    • Points 7,390

I suspect you have the Command Palette open and are trying to use that to select tools and edit. The Command Palette allows you to assign buttons and is not for normal operation.

• Wed, Dec 2 2009 3:49 PM In reply to

You are totally awesome!! Thanks!

• Wed, Dec 2 2009 4:12 PM In reply to

Nat12345678910:
    I had to delete my previous project however to get rid of it!

What do you mean "delete"?

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Sat, Oct 24 2015 8:49 PM In reply to

Thanks Neil J sorted me as well - so simple but easy to miss Geeked

• Fri, Jun 15 2018 6:18 AM In reply to

• jfandl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 11 2018
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Nine year old Post and it helped me tonight!  The hand pointer got me but I didn't realize the Command Palette was causing it.  Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller