Latest post Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:19 AM by MichaelP. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 29 2009 10:14 PM

• 3ldfilms
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 25
    • Points 430

Problems setting up 2 perf project

Hi everyone...

I am new to MC (previously used Xpress DV 3.5 for offlining). I am cutting a 35mm 2 perf feature that we will be finishing on 35mm with a DI so I am just using MC to offline edit and link back to the neg. The footage was transferred to DVCAM.

Can someone please suggest the appropriate project set up?

I selected 35mm 4-perf 24p Film project and then under the film options selected 2-perf for the default ink and aux ink. After inporting my first ALE file into a bin I tried to capture but I got the error saying "You may not capture audio and video together unless the audio sample clock is pulled down". I then searched this error and found way too many options for my brain to handle. The original audio was recorded at 24 bit 30 fps nondrop. The film was shot at 24 fps.

Is 24p even the right project for DVCAM source tapes? Aren't they just 30i? Or does avid do a pulldown?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:19 AM In reply to

• MichaelP
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 2,444
    • Points 30,415
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Avid Employee
      Moderator: Film
      Moderator: MetaFuze

Re: Problems setting up 2 perf project

When capturing digital or over FireWire from NTSC based sources, the project type needs to be 23.976 since that is the format of the tape. Create NTSC 23.976 and you can select 14:1, DV25 or other resolutoin and capture away!

You ink number settings are correct. You will have all cutlists, changel lists, pull lists as though you were in a 24p project. It is a matter of 48000 samples for the rate of the digital video format.

Michael

24p.com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller