Latest post Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:41 PM by camoscato. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:39 PM In reply to

• videoguy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Plainview, NY
    • Posts 481
    • Points 6,680

Re: Please Add an AVCHD Forum

BobbyMurcerFan:

Tapeless Workflow and Formats

AMA, P2, XDCAM, AVCHD, H.264 and other DSLR, nanoFlash, etc.

STELLAR IDEA! We have been getting hit with a ton of tapeless workflow questions as well. The AVCHD ones stand out now because Avid doesn't quite have that one licked yet. But hopefully they will, with AMA and Mix & Match support as well.

Gary

Media Composer 3.5 ASUS P6X58D-E w/ Intel i7 980 Hex-core, 24GB RAM, PNY Quadro4000, Win7, SATA Boot drive, G-Speed eS for video [view my complete system specs]

Videoguys.com 800 323-2325 http://www.videoguys.com We are the Digital Video Editing & DVD Production Experts

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Dec 3 2009 5:57 PM In reply to

I agree with Kenton that splitting up further then just Tapeless Workflows and Formats is not in sync with the current structure of the forum. Except from that, splitting up the topics will result in very difficult choices.

For example with shared storage. Should we split that up in server and client? If there is a problem is it a server problem or a client problem? It will require posting of problems in multiple sub topics to be sure and will create much more work for moderators to keep threads in the right forum category.

I wonder if a moderator will go through all the tapeless workflow and formats threads posted till now and move them to the new forum category. Just that will already be an interesting job.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:32 PM In reply to

Do we then sub it into a Mac and a PC forum of tapeless?

Being delivered media on all most every variations of input formats on a weekly basis here that will be ingested into either Mac's or PC's with various versions of OS's I now automatically use a simple search to get me on track when problems arise.

Basic search with required format name  ... then advanced options of relevance newest first.. posted by BobRusso. Usually with this setup within the first page of results I can jump to Bob's answer. This will be in a thread that invariably provides a solution if Bob did not.

For me a tapeless forum COULD work but not convinced it is required.

• Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:41 PM In reply to

AndrewAction:
    For me a tapeless forum COULD work but not convinced it is required.

That's how I feel about it.  It might work along the lines of the Film & 24p forum, but it also might just confuse new people who won't know if their problem is with their tapeless workflow or with a Media Composer issue.  

I'd rather the search function be improved (hint: Google) and then we wouldn't need a separate forum for whatever someone is searching for.

ciao,
    Carl 

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller