Latest post Sun, Sep 6 2009 8:21 PM by CyberCat. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 7 2009 1:09 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Track Height - all the same size

This is one of those things which seasoned editors would never even consider worth a tutorial, as it is such a simple thing.

However Newcomers can find such simple things to be very important as the begin to learn MC from the ground up.

Regards,
    Douglas

This tutorial can be viewed at "Full-screen" by clicking on the icon on the toolbar

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Apr 7 2009 4:48 PM In reply to

Re: Track Height - all the same size

Douglas,

Thanks much for the tutorial. One thing to be aware of is that "Default Setup" does more than just change the track heights to their default sizes. It changes everything back to its defult view.

I think a nice feature would be to have a command to set all tracks to the same height, while leaving everything else in the Timeline alone.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Tue, Apr 7 2009 9:48 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

BobbyMurcerFan:

Douglas,

Thanks much for the tutorial. One thing to be aware of is that "Default Setup" does more than just change the track heights to their default sizes. It changes everything back to its defult view.

I think a nice feature would be to have a command to set all tracks to the same height, while leaving everything else in the Timeline alone.

Thanks for that information.
    I should have thought of that!
    As you say, it would be nice if there was a command specifically for resetting trach height.

Regards,
    Douglas

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Apr 8 2009 3:31 AM In reply to

BobbyMurcerFan:

You can already do that: 

With the tracks at their default height, make all of your other Timeline adjustments you like.  TC track in the middle or on top, add the Frame track etc. 

Save that as a Timeline View by going down to where it says "Untitled" and choosing Save As...  Give it a name such as "view 1". 

Now, you can re-size your tracks however you like and if you wanted you could save another Timeline View.

For example, I have Timeline Views for Assembly, Audio, and Video.  Assembly has all the tracks pretty much the same height, but Audio has the audio tracks expanded and Video has the video tracks expanded. 

If you have re-sized and gotten your tracks all wonky in size and you want to go back to your normal height without losing your other customizations (a la your feature request), just go down to the Timeline View selector and choose "view 1" from the list. 

BTW, you can also link Timeline Views to Workspaces by name so that whenever you invoke say your Audio Toolset, your "audio" timeline view will appear.

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Thu, Apr 9 2009 10:39 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,219
    • Points 218,265
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Kenton, that was a very interesting area of MC that I have not known much about before you mentioned it.

Thanks and it has given me an idea for my next tutorial.
    When I tried the method you described above, I found one small side effect which should be mentioned.
    It is easier to describe visually in the tutorial. Online later today........ I hope.

Regards,
    Douglas

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sun, Sep 6 2009 8:21 PM In reply to

• CyberCat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 27 2007
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,325

Another way you can do it without losing your settings is by Ctrl+A then hold Ctrl+K. That'll put all tracks at their smallest sizes together, then you can use Ctrl+L to make them whatever size you wanted. Maybe a little slower but you won't lose your setup this way.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller